• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 5700 into Quadro FX 1100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fafnir

FX 5700.jpg

Quadro FX 1100.jpg

and in case them pictures will not load:

Attachments

• quadro fx 1100s.jpg
    quadro fx 1100s.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,242
what am i going to get out of making my 5700 ultra a Quardo? and what drivers do i need to use? This looks cool i just need to know if it is going to make it that much better. And does it reduce the life of the card at all?

5700LE resistors ?

I have one nVidia FX 5700LE (Leadtek A360LE). I tried the FX5700 to Quadro1100 mod, but after I removed the cooler from the chip I found that the relevant resistor's area on the chip is slightly different (than in the 5700 case). There seems to be no position for the resistor's shift under the covered area, see e.g. here:

http://www.ixbt.com/video2/images/gffx-41/leadtek-5700le-chip.jpg

Any idea how to make the Quadro from the 5700LE card ?

You can't. They use a completely different pcb and memory as well as core, even though the cores are similar.

holy thread resurrection

its doable, but not something i can help you with, as there are also a few other id mismatches besides the pci-id for the 5700LE

working on making a 6800 Ultra/GT/NU/LE into a quadro 4k - should come up with the answer any time now

with twice the frames in something like ug, a 6800LE is just too good to miss when a fx2k or something runs at least the better part of one large

_

5700le

I also think that it is moddable despite of the differences (otherwise why they also covered the relevant resistors there... ;-) ). Unfortunately I do not have enough time to further examine that 5700LE card, I only needed the mod because of the Quadro stereo capabilites and now I have already successfuly softmodded an old GF2Pro to Quadro2Pro (sufficient for my purposes). Thanks for sharing any new info about the LE hard mod, maybe I will play with it later.

If anyone finds out for sure, I'd be happy to do this. I own a Leadtek WinFast a360 Ultra TDH, which essentially is an FX5700 Ultra. I don't really feel like taking the NV Silencer right now though =\

5700Ultra -> Quadro1100 works (hard mod only)

for details see the link below:

http://www.ocer.net/article/a_show.php?id=2799

- not in English, but the pictures tell everything tou need to know (or try to use Babelfish lame translation)

Softmodding the FX5700 via the RivaTuner way is not possible because of the latest working nVidia detonators 45.28 for this purpose does not contain drivers for the GF5700/Q1100 (I think 1st are the 56.xx). There is only the 'hard' way if you want/must use a higher detonators than the 45.28 for the Quadro mod at the moment.

Back