• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't decide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bensa

I'm looking for a 19 or 17 inch CRT, for graphics work and gaming.
I'm in Finland, so I can't get all of the newest models, and I'm looking for something costing around €250.

Most of the monitors support 1280x1024@89Hz, but are there any decently priced ones that can go higher? Also, is there any crt with smaller borders, because I use a LCD on the other comp, and I'm used to that.

Right now I have come up with the Samsung Syncmaster 957P (€195) but the 957MB has higher contrast but costs more (€250).
Also up for consideration are the LG Studioworks 901B (€216), the ViewSonic E92f+SB (€239) and the Samtron 96P (€183).

If theres not much of a difference between all of these (almost same refresh rates, then I'll just go for the cheap black ones.

i recall seeing the Sony G400 19" as monitor fo the year for several years in a row, might wanna see if you can get that for same cost, maybe on ebay?

Back