• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ideas what causes this sound??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoshi1213

I have a viewsonic A70 monitor 17 in 1024-768 at 85 . Never have any problems except when I paly ea sports games like tiger woods 2004 for a while. Other games don't seem to bother it, and never juct regular computing. The sound is like a high pitched feedback squeal that is very annoying. I've tried new drivers, but they either don't affect it, or make it worse.

One more odd fact. It doesn't do it immediately, only after playing for a while, do ya'll think it could be heat??

I have a brand new viewsonic 19" flat scree CRT. I get the same sound every now and then, i exchanged the monitor out, and same thing. I think its just the Power supply. I can deal with it, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with it. If its reallly noctiable, make sure you don't have a mic. plugged in and in front of the speakers :D

My monitor makes a high-pitched sound whenever I run at a resolution and refresh rate that it doesn't like. Try playing around with those settings and see if the sound goes away. Remember that games almost always run at 60 Hz, regardless of the refresh rate setting you have in Windows.

Back