• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intell warranty return..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wilbo666

Registered
Hey...
I've got a dead Celeron600 (used to go @ 927,1.7v), and i'm doing a warranty.

Does anyone know what I have to send back, do I just send the CPU..or the box/heatsink and everything just like it came when i bought it...??

Thanks

Wil

You have to call Intel's service number and go through a big screening on what happened to it. They will send you an email if they decide to give you an RMA, on it which tells how to ship and where to.

I wouldn't mention that it had anything to do with overclocking if you expect them to replace it.

I'm shipping one off tomorrow. My core was slightly tilted causing a heatsink to break a corner off. Probably was my own fault in the first place, but it had an imperfection and I want 2 since I paid for 2, haha.

Jon (Aug 03, 2001 11:46 p.m.):
I wouldn't mention that it had anything to do with overclocking if you expect them to replace it.

Ya very good advice!
Overclocking? What is that anyway? Never heard of it before!
If they only knew :)

Did you contact where you bought it from? When my celly 566 died (within the first year), I contacted my vendor, and they dealt with the RMA to Intel.

If you deal with either vendor or Intel...

If you use a slocket, check Intel's slocket recommendations, if you own a non-approved slocket, lie and tell them you've got an approved slocket, or a board with slottie and socket on board.

Don't tell 'em you overclock!

DO Tell them the steps you've done to try to get it working, and diagnose it is the CPU that's died i.e. swapped in a different (known working) CPU, etc.

They asked me for just the chip to be returned (no Heatsink- good as my official Intel one sits on my Sister's K6-2 500 system that I built her- or retail packing.)

Hey...

Yeah i'm smart nuf to say it just died one day....(and nothing about overclocking it!!!)

I would do it through the place I bought it from but my brother works there and he's being a bit of a dork and not letting me do it cause he knows I OC'd it ....bugger eh?

Also I've rung them up and I've got the RMA and stuff (they sent me the fexEx stuff.....) and i just want to know what I have to give to the fedEx guy when he comes to pick it up?...the retail box??...or just the CPU in the plastic thing it came in (no box).....can u guys tell me what u did?

(p.s. the CPU looks fine....so I'm pretty sure it'll get a warranty.)

Thanks

They don't require the original packing but told me it was preferred.

If you still have the plastic container it came in, I would use that and then just any box that it will fit in to ship it.

If you have the box, give them the box. You won't need it anymore since you'll be getting a different chip anyways.

Back