• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Intel usin VP6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

indra

Have a question... what's the best CPU to be overclock which will give reasonable increase using dual CPU Mobo VP6

Wellcome to the forum indra,
I thing it's the same of a system with only one Cpu (I'm not very experienced with double Cpu systems), and good choices for OCability and prices are the P/// 700, or the Celeron's 2 from 600 to 900Mhz, but more depends also from your budget :)

Can't use two Celly's in the VP6, though.

I use two P3 1GHz @ 1.13 and runs great, although I killed one of those chips and am waiting for Intel to ship me another.

You will get one of the biggest overclocks out of the 700s but it's more difficult to get two chips to overclock the exact same. You will need to find two chips with nearly the same FP0/Batch number, identical stepping and identical stepping mask in order to get nearly identically performing chips. The 700 is no longer in production as well so I'm not sure how well you can find two, like chips.

i have two 800es witch can work with the vp6 to give you a low pci, high memoryclock, at 1 gig. but if i had the money to do it over id be running those 1000 p3 they give you some great clock numbers too

I've heard some conflicting things, that maybe can be straightened out on this thread.

I've heard that memory bottlenecks (thanks to those *cough* high quality Hghpoint controllers) occur with anything running out of spec -- ie, 134+ mhz bus speeds...

Also heard that, even at default bus speeds, CPUs running over 733mhz also have performance issues, probably those Highpoint controllers again.

So, based on what I've heard/read somplace, I'd thing a P3 733 would be ideal on the VP6 dualie board... but I'd wait to hear what Kingslayer has to say, he's had some :D experience with this board.

Well, I'd have to say a p3700E cCO chip :p

Check the sig, its easy with just air cooling, wonder what I could get with water?

I'm gonna find out when I can.

Though if things go through like they should I'll be running Tualatin-S's... dont tell me it wont work.. trust me I know a way ;)
Thank god for adapters.

-Trek

Back