• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 6800 GT OC artifacing & freezing system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icedogg9999

Hey guys,

Yesterday I booted up my pc to do some gaming, and when I booted into windows, i began to see these artifacts in my desktop wallpaper, and when I refreshed my wallpaper, sometimes they'd go away, and sometime's they'd come back. And when I surf, the artifacts appear a lot. Sometimes my system freezes, or reboots by itself, and the screen turns into all the artifacts.

I called up BFG's Tech Support last night, I told them I re-seated my card, I have a 400watt power supply, and I even took the molex connector out, and plugged that back in, but the artifacts still appear. Here's one weird thing though, when I play Doom 3 on Unreal 2004, I haven't seem any artifacts yet, its just on the desktop adn when surfing. BFG told me to try the card in another system before I send it in to get a replacement.

I've only had the card for a month, and I've never experienced any of these problems until now. What do you guys think I should do?

icedogg9999 said:
Hey guys,

Yesterday I booted up my pc to do some gaming, and when I booted into windows, i began to see these artifacts in my desktop wallpaper, and when I refreshed my wallpaper, sometimes they'd go away, and sometime's they'd come back. And when I surf, the artifacts appear a lot. Sometimes my system freezes, or reboots by itself, and the screen turns into all the artifacts.

I called up BFG's Tech Support last night, I told them I re-seated my card, I have a 400watt power supply, and I even took the molex connector out, and plugged that back in, but the artifacts still appear. Here's one weird thing though, when I play Doom 3 on Unreal 2004, I haven't seem any artifacts yet, its just on the desktop adn when surfing. BFG told me to try the card in another system before I send it in to get a replacement.

I've only had the card for a month, and I've never experienced any of these problems until now. What do you guys think I should do?

is it oced past 370mhz?
if not dont waste your time and send it back.

The card has always been at default speed 370/1000. I've never overclocked it. I've re-installed my VIA chipset drivers, so I'm gonna see if that help, and I might install old nvidia drivers. The weird thing is, it works fine in the games, just not surfing, because when I surf is when i get the artifacts. I'm gonna monitor the problem, and if it does get worse, I'll send it back for replacement.

I've restarted my system a few times after re-installing the my VIA Chipset Drivers, and I've tried various desktop wallpapers, and I haven't seen any artifacts yet, so, maybe that was the problem, I hope, I'll keep you updated though.

well, I played True Crime: Streets Of LA, and after a few minutes playing the game, the screen artifacts and freezes.

well, I found out that my Samsung monitor died on me, its the 2nd samsung monitor that died on me in 2 years. And they just die all of a sudden. The card works fine, it just the monitor. I replaced my monitor, and the card is 100% stable.

Back