• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You won't believe this... 7000+ 3d marks on a rig that costed less than $600!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buddhafumes

7000+ 3d marks on a rig that costed less than $600. Who sasy FX's suck?

Well, if you think it's impossible its not. Oh trust me, it was not easy by any means. I saw the success of too many people like larva and stang8118 with their overclocking successes. However, with my methods, I was only abe to get 6750 3d marks (a bios hack, a fan blowing on top of the card). I was EXTREMELY unhappy with my 508/979 (although some people say thats pretty good), and I needed 7,000+ 3d marks. Well, one night, I was planning to go to sleep, and my dad put a voltmod on on his card (same cadrd as mine). Yep, just like that. He already had a 20k ohms bourns 10 turn trimmer laying around (the soldering job on that seemed too tiny for anyone to do, but my dads an electrical engineer, so maybe it wasn't).
Okay, the voltmod was incredible. My dad was reportiing to me that it was reaching in excess of 550 core mhz. I was thinkin, yes, I can finally get close to the same 3d marks as my bro's radeon! After further tweaking, my dad got it to run at 555/978. We decided to test the card in my rig (my xp-m completely dominates my dads pentium 2.0 oc'd to 3.01). The First run, we got 6800 3dmarks. Now I was really excited. The second run, with mad fans blowing on it, got 7083 3dmarks! Yeah! Although it wasn't my card, if i pay my dad my card and some money, he might give me his.

No, my overclock isn't stable. And nor do I care (during intense gaming, you just lower your oc). Discussion welcome (and wanted).

(sorry for the weird color change, I saved it and it wacked out, I have the avtual run saved, but don't know how to upload it).

Last edited:
I'm curious as to the point of all this? Opening the case, putting blowers on everything, with an obviously unstable overclock.. Just to get scores on a benchmark nobody gives a rats *** about anymore?

Puzzling, or "Most Illogical" as Spock would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back