• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC on AGP Pro???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icedogg9999

Hey guys, I just purchased a water-cooled system off ebay,

Koolance Water-Cooled Case

It came with a Asus A7V33-R motherboard, and it has AGP Pro, my tnt2 pro worked fine in it for testing, and I was wondering can I use my BFG 6800 GT OC in that motherboard? If not, I have a MSI KT4V that will work for sure. But my w/c system is all ready, and I was wondering if I can use my 6800 GT OC with the asus motherboard.

Thanks,

IceDogg

Yes you can use it. That motherboard has a 4x AGP slot on it and the 6800 GT supports 4x/8x AGP. The "pro" part is just an added section that supplies more voltages, usually used in professional cad cards from what I've heard.

oh ok, thanks man, i'm kinda young, so i never heard of agp pro. I just wanted to make sure because I dont want my new $400 GT having any problems lol. Thanks man, off to conintue my water-cooling system :clap:

well, my tnt2 pro & 6800 GT OC both run on the motherboard, but the monitor will not come on, i've tried 2 monitors, same problem. Do you suggest I just buy myself a cheap nforce2 mobo for the system? or do you guys have any other solutions, cuz I'd like to get this mobo to work.

Do you guys know how I could get my TNT2 Pro or 6800 GT to work on this motherboard? I really dont wanna spend $50+ more on a new motherboard, I'd like to get this system up and running this weekend. I don't think its the monitor, but, if anyone have any solutions, i'll give it a shot.

do you guys think it should work, because i can always try it again, but i've tried it multiple times, and its not working :bang head

well, the system still isn't booting up, i've even tried my old tnt2 pro, and it doesn't boot up. Both video cards power on, but no luck.

Any help? :cry:

well, theres a green led on the motherboard that lights up, and i read in the manual online, that the green led means the system is up and running, so, i'm pretty sure the motherboard isn't dead. But i'm probably gonna buy a new nforce2 motherboard next week, around $50 or so, possibly abit.

Back