• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Looking for a 5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swevo24

I'm attempting to make a real small shuttle computer based off of http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=56-101-208&depa=1

My goal is for it to be mostly a music storage and a PVR, but I'm going to need a video card so I can play some older games and hook it up to my tv throught the S-Video output. The AGP slot is only 4x, so that somewhat limits me. Unless I go up and buy a $40 more expensive case that has an 8x AGP slot, but I don't know how much of a difference it will really make in terms of what I'm trying to do.

Someone pointed me in the direction of getting a 5200, but I really don't know much of anything about Nvidia cards, so I was hoping someone could point me to a specific brand that I could purchase at newegg.

Thanks a lot in advance, and if you have a better idea for a video card other than this one, I'd appreciate the input.

For older games what I might do instead of 5200 is look on newegg refurbs for a GF4 4200. It is a much better card and should serve you purposes perfectly.

If you still have your heart set on a 5200 make sure you get a 128bit card as oppossed to a 64bit card. Finally EVGA, Gainward, and Asus make great cards.

Back