• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need input please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirjinx1974

My computer is running good and I hope I will not have to reinstall, but I was wondering if I can creat a raid array while still using the IDE slot 1. Example, My C: drive is on an 80gig and it is using IDE slot 1, but I want to use my two raptors as a raid 0 array along with the C: dive so I can install my games on and have the fast load times. If I do this, will the raid array boot first or will the 80 gig in IDE slot 1 boot first? I think it should work without having to reinstall so thats why I am asking you PC "GODS" for advice.

P.S I have a choice of 4kbs or 128 kbs for my stripe size, what stripe size would be better for gaming? If you look at my sig you can see what Motherboard I have.

OH please mighty PC GODS I beg for your worldly wisdom?

Attach the Raptors on the SATA RAID Controller & stripe them in the RAID BIOS. You will not have to change your BOOT Sequence. Leave it like it is or set it to HDD = 0 for all three options. Install the RAID Drivers that match your RAID BIOS revision. You will then see the unpartitioned stripe set as one large 70G+ in Disk Management. The rest is how you predicted.

Back