• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good 3dmark03 terrible gaming performance??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

With the system in my sig i'm getting 9600 '03 marks @ 420/780 with default settings and no optimizations turned on. Thats about par for what i've allways gotten. I'm using a bios modded for 1.5v all around and watercooling. Temps are great and i can clock the core up to about 430. Memory speeds kinda suck but oh well. Now my problem is really bad frames in games. Even at low settings i frequently see less than 35fps in RTCW. RVS is hardly playable and the same with BFV. Alot of times i'll drop into the 20's. I would guess 40fps as an average but it jumps up into the 100's when i'm dead or when there's little or no activity. What is going on here? I've tried every different driver i can find with no difference. What's just as strange, i get the same FPS in these games regardless of resolution or quality settings. 4Xaa and 8xAF 1280X1024 seems to give the same performance as no AA and no AF @ 1024 X 768. What gives???? I've tired different mobo drivers, i've tried totally whacking all nvidia drivers with driver cleaner, then reinstalling mobo drivers, and on to video drivers. I was thinking it might be a DX issue but my 3dmark scores are great and my OGL games are running crappy too. I don't get it

do u have the same problem with all games u play or jst one of the games?
What u mean by temps are great? idle temps or temps of the VGA when u play the game?
Personally I will get another nividia video card to test it out and see if the same thing happens ( sudden increase in framerates during inactivity ) This is to make sure that yr current video card is functioning properly.

Add odd occurrences when u r nt playing games. eg a sudden and temporary lag or image freeze while loading an application?

Nah it seems great in all other apps. Dvd playback is good. Low frames in pretty much every game i play. I havn't tried far-cry lately, i'll try it tonight. RVS, BFV, RTCW. All these games were running great before. I'm not sure what the cause is. I am using a different bios now but i can't recall if the time coincides with when i started having problems. i'm going to flash it back to the original bios and see what happens with that. If that doesn't work i suppose i'll try a format and reinstall of all drivers and DX. I don't have access to another nvidia card to test with. :(. If it was a problem with bios or driver performance i would think my 3dmark scores would be lower???

J.

*edit* oh yes, temps. Usually idle around 35 and don't get over 48 or so gaming. Big difference from the 60+ i was getting with the stock sink.

Back