• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 GT TV is B/W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well the only time I got this was when I was using 66.71 with my old fx5200, and those drivers don't work at all with my card. Maybe uninstall the old drivers, and reinstall them again.

i've had this happen like 3 times to me, albeit with my 9700pro. i bet the svideo is damaged, check to see if any of the pins are broken off from either end. i've broken a lot of svid cables.

Hey all. Found the problem. It's the S-video to Composite adapter that came with bundle. Good news is the video card works. I moved my computer to another TV that has S-Video and used a straight S-video cable and wholla, it works with color. My computer room has a composite video TV, and I tried to use the adapter cable, but it shows black and white video. I guess Gainward gave me a bad cable. Can I fix it? Can someone verified this?

Sniper.nkc said:
I guess Gainward gave me a bad cable. Can I fix it? Can someone verified this?

edit: Just add a small jumper wire (yellow) to pins 3 and 4 on the S-video connector (female) and that will add the color to TV. See below:

Attachments

• s-video1edit 2.JPG
    s-video1edit 2.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back