• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a AMD A64 Teaser..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Well I got bored the other day, so I thought I would take my digi cam, and record a video of me overclocking my CPU. so I did that and its pretty lame, but neat at the same time, its quite hard to hold a cam, make sure its set correctly, and use the keyboard at the same time.

Anywho, I just finished encoding it, and its 21mb, so Im going to upload it to my website and post a link for your viewing pleasure!

Well here it is!
http://sevenlabs.net/a64/Overclocking_101.wmv

It was encoded using Movie Maker, but will play with just about any media player.

Last edited:
Errr...file not found. You should consider a tripod to hold the camcorder steady :D

How high do you think I could oc my AMD64 754 3400+. I have a Zalman7000CU and my idle temps are about 43C and under load its about 52-54C. Im just curios before I start.

you should be able to hit 2.6, with ease. My A64 is a 1.8ghz by default, and I oc'd it to 2.6, i believe yours is the 2.2ghz, so 2.6 shouldnt be hard.

Yeah I have the core center thing to but I also use MotherBoard monitor 5. When core center says 47C mbm5 says 43C so its 4-5C difference. Ill try it and see how I do.

Yeah I just tried to OC it and I got to about 2550 and when it tried to go higher my system locked up and I had to rs. Am I going to be able to go above that? Or am I stuck at 2.55?

Well all I did was use the Auto OC feature on the Core Center prog. Should I oc it from the bios to see if I get better results? Am I stupid for doing that? =\

well this should get you to hit 2.6
ht x3
fsb or htt - 289
memory_fsb_ratio - 166:200 or 5:6
speed spectrum - disabled
I dont know what your multiplier is, so these settings maybe too high for you.
try the fsb at a lower number, until your close to 2.6

Back