• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4200 or 4600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont know if i am understanding this rite..the 4600 is a great card just look at the benchy's on Toms Hardware here are some examples.

Unreal 2004 http://www.n00bstories.com/image.view.php?id=1042366060

BFV http://www.n00bstories.com/image.view.php?id=1281007642

COD http://www.n00bstories.com/image.view.php?id=1405033100

What i have noticed is the 4600 series are not very good at AA and AF when u turn those on the video card stumbles in todays games. But as u can see it can run BFV,COD,UNREAL 2004 at high or highest settings and still get over 50 fps as long as you dont enable AA and AF.

Grov said:
So your saying IQ doesn't matter.

Yay it can play quake 3, CS well. Who the hell cares about those old games.

A ti4600 just doesn't cut the mustard.

You have a 5900, so you don't know the world of AA and AF. Af at 16x has a big difference for me.

The people you are on about are complete geeks who play CS all day and need 100fps, and play at 640 res to get it.

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

Hmmm.....?

Maybe the one you sold wasn't that great, glad to see you give that lady her money back.

Just because you see it doesn't fit your needs, don't mean it won't fit others need.

Oh yippe! 16x AF AA is great! Farcry won't play on any system at those settings and run great. :rolleyes:

So when you recieve the defective card back, RMA it and I will take it off your hands, laterz!

Grov said:

Forgot to answer this one, my bad!

Go to a quake 3 or CS site, and you will see just how many care about it. But I see now, you're not a gamer so don't worry about.;)

ASUS and many other video card venders pay pretty good money to the pro players of those very games you mentioned, but who cares, right?

Who the hell cares rather or not you think something is worth it or not?

Laterz!

Grov said:

A ti4600 just doesn't cut the mustard.

You have a 5900, so you don't know the world of AA and AF. Af at 16x has a big difference for me.

The people you are on about are complete geeks who play CS all day and need 100fps, and play at 640 res to get it.

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

... riiight.

I DO play CS and Unreal Tournament 2004. IQ is not important when gaming online, its all about the fps man. And I have never actually used AA or AF myself, so I don't know the world of it all... couldn't really care about it either . ( I get the feeling I might be straying from the original topic of this thread though :S )

edit:: However after looking thg and anandtech it seems that the ti4600 is not that far behind the 9500pro performance wise, ti4600 seems it could be the way to go :)

Last edited:
Goateh said:
... riiight.

I DO play CS and Unreal Tournament 2004. IQ is not important when gaming online, its all about the fps man. And I have never actually used AA or AF myself, so I don't know the world of it all... couldn't really care about it either . ( I get the feeling I might be straying from the original topic of this thread though :S )

edit:: However after looking thg and anandtech it seems that the ti4600 is not that far behind the 9500pro performance wise, ti4600 seems it could be the way to go :)

Very well said my friend.

Grov : some people, like myself, care more about performance than quality. I'd rather have 100fps with not the best looking graphics, then the same game, highest quality, looks good, but only runs 50-60 fps. I have a 6800GT @ ultra, and i mostly only play CS. I've never seen it get under 95fps (this was in the laggiest map with like 10 smokes going). I play CS competitively, because I don't only care about performance, but gameplay as well.

Goateh : my old old old ti4200 did quite well in CS. If you're wanting to play any game past CS or UT2K4, i'd consider what I had before my 6800GT, the XFX 5600. It overclocked like crazy and every game I played was really good frame rates, and only around $100 on newegg.

Goateh, have you checked out DragonPC, he's got really good prices on new cards:)

I'd say get the Leadtek, I have a Leadtek 4800SE and I love it, it overclocks to 320/720 with stock cooling, from 250/650 and. It gives nice frame rates in CS and UT2004 :beer:

Back