• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward or Leadtek?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
which GF4 Ti 4200 128 meg board overclocks best? the leadtek or the gainward golden sample?

Any other recommendations?

The 128mb Msi Geforce 4 Ti4200, of the reviews I've read the msi beats the gainward in terms of core overclocking, here are the results I have stably gotten with my msi;

Core 330mhz Memory 580mhz (up from a default of 250/444)

However I felt that 300/515 were fast enough for most games nowadays, but after playing the ut2003 and Nolf2 demo's I'm starting to think it's time to crank it back up! I've also heard alot of great overclocks from the Other Msi owners on these forums, and the msi comes with a great bundle of software/games, not to mention the slick looking card itself.

Hmmm... looks nice and the reviews are decent. I was wonderting though: Would the Leadtec not overclock better? I has all those massive heatsinks on RAM and all... and I've heard GREAT things about the Gainward

-Wesley

well the ramsinks will only add another 10-30mhz max on the memory overclocking, and afterall you can buy your own heatsinks and put em on yourself! note though that the msi core hs/fan is one of the best out there, it also directs cool air toward the ram chpis.

Back