• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sentential03's burn in's really do work for me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow! This sounds awesome. Usually burn in used to be running extremely high vcore at low clocks right? This sounds a lot better since i doubt that low voltage would kill a CPU easily.
Did you ever loose a CPU in the process?

I'm definatly gonna try this on my 3000+ winchester when it finally arrives here.

ïß®äHïM said:
Sorry for bumpin a relatively old thread, but do u guys run the CPU Burn-in program with enabled or disabled error-checking.

Disable the error check so the test wont stop when it gets an error :)

im going to try and find a way to use this and get my base vcorew down on my prescott lappy so maybe i can save some battery power and maybe genreate a little less fan noise :p

Finally starting to make foreward progress. Burned my CPU in again for 15hrs last night @ 1.56v @ 2.57.

Just tried 259x10 @ 1.6v Prime95 went for 26mins before I shut it off. Decided to burn that in while I am at school. Hopefully it will only be one last push to get 2.6 stable.

From there Ill start knocking down the vcore

Sentential said:
Finally starting to make foreward progress. Burned my CPU in again for 15hrs last night @ 1.56v @ 2.57.

Just tried 259x10 @ 1.6v Prime95 went for 26mins before I shut it off. Decided to burn that in while I am at school. Hopefully it will only be one last push to get 2.6 stable.

From there Ill start knocking down the vcore
Unbelievable! Now i can't wait to get my 3000+ winny!

mustrum said:
Unbelievable! Now i can't wait to get my 3000+ winny!
Just be patient with it. This CPU has been a *major* Pain-in-the-***. It appears that the K8N Neo2 has some serious issues with RAM conflicts on Winchesters.

You will understand when you plug it in. Many pplz ive spoken with keep getting these phantom errors. Where its fine one second then BSODs the next. They all seem centered around the RAM

Perfect Example:

Memtest86 shows that 2.5-4-4-11 is clean on my Hynix. Yet if I load windows I get "referenced memory error" / "stop errors" / "Physical-memory-dumps" As soon as I change the Cas to 3, my problems go away.

At 1.85V, 2700 MHz, my Mobile Barton ran Prime95 for 2 minutes. After ten hours of CPU Burn-in with error checking disabled, it's Prime95 stable for between two and three minutes - still no luck :-/

I'm going to keep at it though, another 10 hours during the day today, at this speed and Vcore (2700MHz/1.85V) as I'm at school.

Sentential said:
Just be patient with it. This CPU has been a *major* Pain-in-the-***. It appears that the K8N Neo2 has some serious issues with RAM conflicts on Winchesters.

You will understand when you plug it in. Many pplz ive spoken with keep getting these phantom errors. Where its fine one second then BSODs the next. They all seem centered around the RAM

Perfect Example:

Memtest86 shows that 2.5-4-4-11 is clean on my Hynix. Yet if I load windows I get "referenced memory error" / "stop errors" / "Physical-memory-dumps" As soon as I change the Cas to 3, my problems go away.
Yeah i've read that. Even worse: I have qite old PC3200 crucial CL3 sticks. (2x512mb)
They are performing great in my nforce 2 at 2/2/2.5/11 but they are double sided!
I'm not looking for a high memory clock anyways since there'S more than enough bandwith anyways on the S939 right?
My plan is clocking the CPU quite hagh but leave the memory at a moderate clock.
I'll see. :D

mustrum said:
Yeah i've read that. Even worse: I have qite old PC3200 crucial CL3 sticks. (2x512mb)
They are performing great in my nforce 2 at 2/2/2.5/11 but they are double sided!
I'm not looking for a high memory clock anyways since there'S more than enough bandwith anyways on the S939 right?
My plan is clocking the CPU quite hagh but leave the memory at a moderate clock.
I'll see. :D
I guess it will be the best to test out the memory before i start fiddling with the CPU clock.

Edit: Bah i quoted myself. I wanted to edit that post!

:beer:

Hmmm. Interesting. I figured out what my Prime problem was. Before, it would fail even at stock speeds, but I didn't know much about Prime, so the Priority was set to 1 and I has three programs running in the background, updating every 5 secs or so. I just ran prime at 10 Prior. and minus the programs, and it ran without failing for about 5-10 min's, but then I had to leave for school. I'll try the CPU burn in when I get home then. I'm running 1.825V right now for 12.5*200, but it will boot into windows at 1.75V, so that's a good starting point.1.725 gives me 100 prime errors (literally) right after it starts.

felinusz said:
At 1.85V, 2700 MHz, my Mobile Barton ran Prime95 for 2 minutes. After ten hours of CPU Burn-in with error checking disabled, it's Prime95 stable for between two and three minutes - still no luck :-/

I'm going to keep at it though, another 10 hours during the day today, at this speed and Vcore (2700MHz/1.85V) as I'm at school.
See....that is what I was worried about. Frankly it depends on the CPU. Some are highly sensitive to this and gain quite a bit, others dont. My Winchester falls under the "stubborn" catagory. I havent gained very much from this after hours / days of burns.

This thing has easily been burned for 30+ hours and all Ive squeezed from it is *maybe* 60 more mhz :-/ :eek:

I've been burning a 3400 clawhammer cg revision. got it down to 1.5 volts stable on a 2.42 overclock. gonna up it. best i could get at 2.42ghz was 1.575 before burnin .so far i am pleased with results. got new cooling and new ram coming and im gonna shoot for 2.5 or above. this cpu was a refurb from newegg that wouldnt do 2.3 when i got it but with some hard work and now using this burnin i feel confident it will perform like a champ!

Last edited:
cuda70383 said:
sen:
do a step by ........then a sticky for this???????

uh, let's see some more results first. I would also like to know the science behind all of this.

is it teh thrmal paste or something going on witht eh cpu or what?

ansers people!!

Sentential: have u ever tried the other way of burning in cpu's where u use lower clock speeds and higher voltages? if so, what was your experience with this method?

cuda70383 said:
sen:
do a step by ........then a sticky for this???????

This does not deserve a sticky. Very few people believe that CPU burn-in's actually work. As a matter of fact, a majority of those who do practice such a technique are almost always referring to their memory and memtest. I for one have never seen a gain from burning in a cpu, and will never entertain such an idea. The gain that most people see from burning in a new cpu is that it helps the thermal paste to settle faster than one might see during normal usage. Aside from that, burning nets no gains whatsoever. Of course, you do not have to take my word on it, but know that this is not as common of a technique as people think it is.

deception``

Oh, deception. I got Prime to work, so I resign any point that I made about Prime vs 3DMark etc. :D

Now I have to find something new to disagree with you on, so now that I have prime running, I'll test the burn in, and see if it helps. The AS5 that I have on their has definitely settled, because it has been on there for about a month. I'll see if I can get my vcore needs to drop, or up my overclock.

Back