• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth the wait for the x850?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n0strax

Last night I was reading up on the new Radeon x850 line coming out this month, and I found a few things I never expected.

First of all the x850 xt pe is only 3% faster than the x800 xt pe, only due to a 3% larger bandwidth, and the x850 pro is only 5% faster than the x800 pro.

Although the x850 xt pe has much better cooling and runs on pci-e vs. AGP, would it be worth the extra money to go for the newer card?

I would assume that with the very little difference in cards there will be a softmod for the x800 xt pe in the future and the cooling could be matched with the ATI Silencer.

What are your opinions on this?

the X850XTplatinum edition is not really worth the wait because it is only a refresher product with slightly higher clocks while the next generation will have 32 pipelines and 512mb of onboard memory!!!

Back