• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When are the new Venice And mobile core cooming out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dukemurmur said:
when they come who is really going to want to buy the old ones??? but i guess that i could do that idk...

that's what I thought, too at first.
And you're right, almost no enthusiast would buy this chip.
Luckily, there are many, many others, who would buy your chip for some % below actual price. Maybe because of being uninformed, because they think they made a great deal.. well I don't know. Most of those buyers don't even know what a winchester, newcastle or venice (all right, they may know that they're towns) is, so don't worry about your 'old' winchester.
example, I sold my used 9800XT for about 240€. I could buy a new 6600GT and I'd still have some money left. Just put your chip on ebay, as soon as you want to upgrade :)

Sentential said:
From my understanding the lowest Venice will range in at 3700+, my guess is @ 2.2ghz. The second is the 4100+. Those are the only 2 announced that I am aware of.

They will all eventually become Venice, however they will only be introduced at higher speed rating initally as you would expect

wow thats fast, venice has an even higher ipc vs. winchester and it could be as fast clock for clock vs. 130nm athlon fx and faster than s754 claws. Isnt there a 4000+ at 2.4GHz which is basically a fx55 speedbinned cause it didnt make the 2.6GHz cut? If the 4100+ runs at 2.4GHz it leds me to believe amd thinks it deserves that rating. 3500+ winchester is 2.2GHz but for venice it gets a 3700+ meaning amd really raised the ipc. Any idea how expensive the 3700+ venice will be? how high will that one do? It may be possible amd is speed binning venice aggressivately so we might not see 3GHz right away even on venice. 3700+ could be good for 2.6 to 2.8GHz with 4100+ getting close to 3GHz, maybe occasionally hitting 3GHz. This is all on air im talking about but its faster clock for clock so youd need a 3GHz winchester to match a 2.8GHz venice anyway. I was thinking of getting a 3200+ winchester for now and wait for amd to improve their yields on venice and also drop prices then ill grab a 3700+ with its 11x multi and I need only 273fsb for 3GHz :D

As for that guy with the crap fx53 doing only 2.48GHz, its his call if he doesnt want to sell it for $500 while he can before it drops to $300 or less once venice is out. Venice should crush any 130nm fx cpu cause itll overclock better and be very close if not equal clock for clock as well. 90nm fx cpus will be the only faster thing but fx57 may be $900 :eek:

And my question is.... Wil there be any for those with the socket 754 platform? I hope so, s939 sucks because I'm poor like a bum.:beer:

I hear there will be s754 winchesters, guess amd's excess supply of em will have dual channel disabled and fitted with 754 pins for "budget" as for your cpu, just overclock it anyway

Overclocker550 said:
I hear there will be s754 winchesters, guess amd's excess supply of em will have dual channel disabled and fitted with 754 pins for "budget" as for your cpu, just overclock it anyway
This ranks up there with some of your wilder claims - care to share the source of this little nugget?

Back