• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When are the new Venice And mobile core cooming out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

I have looked at the road maps.. and they all say 1Q of 05 i called AMD and they said the Venice was supposed to come out by now...same with the mobiles does anyone have an update as to when they REALLY should be out same with the E-stepping winnies? I am sure that MANY other people want to know this also...So if you have ANY info on them then PLEASE post it for me and the other people that want to know...

Bro you know I tend to be pretty good with these things. I wouldnt expect Venice or Sandiego to be officially released much before March or April to be perfectalyl honest.

Most likely we wont see them in retail channels for a reasonable price until spring break.

Dukemurmur said:
Venice arnt the winchester e's...at least not from what i have heard...
Whomever said that is mistaken. Adding SSE3 would revamp the entire core.

Clawhammer vE = Sandiego
Winchester vE = Venice

The only Edie winchester if it were to exist would be primarly on S754 since that will be its final resting place.

Sentinel. Clawhammers are 0.13µm. the Sandiego are 0.09µm 1MB L2 cache.
But yeah, the rev E0 of winchester IS Venice

The Coolest said:
Sentinel. Clawhammers are 0.13µm. the Sandiego are 0.09µm 1MB L2 cache.
But yeah, the rev E0 of winchester IS Venice
Yes I know :D I was purely refering to the generations not based on process.

Yeah, well you can't say Clawhammer vE either, as there is no D version :p or anything to compare the sandiego to on the 90nm process

"called AMD and they said the Venice was supposed to come out by now..."

can you call them again and ask what speeds itll be released? If it doesnt get released at 3500+ or less then they will most likley be out of my price range and ill probably just grab a 3200+ winny and go venice next year when prices drop

The guy was pretty much a know not...that is all i could get out of him..he said nothing of speed grades or anything else...my guess is that even the 3200 wnnies will have the venice core..as it is pretty much an all or nothing thing when it comes to the strained sillicon...so i think that all 90nm will have it after that fact but idk...

From my understanding the lowest Venice will range in at 3700+, my guess is @ 2.2ghz. The second is the 4100+. Those are the only 2 announced that I am aware of.

They will all eventually become Venice, however they will only be introduced at higher speed rating initally as you would expect

Dukemurmur said:
Sen man did u here any dates with those speed grades?
No, however AMD has been talking about releasing the new "E die" sometime late 1st quater or mid 2nd. Last time anything was officially spoken on the matter was back in October :-/

Man o man...i am getting sick of waitng for my new system...the CPU is the onlything that i am waiting on to come out the 6800gt pci-e's are here the DFI mobo is here now i need the CPU..well i guess the good thing is that it give the mobo time to get better...and a few revisions out..but man o man this sucks..i am thinking of just getting a winnie and dealing with it..or maybe a DTR... lol i just am not sure anymore...

but if the new cpu's come out in a few months then i will kick my own a$$...so i guess that is what i am waiting for in the end that is...but idk

Dukemurmur said:
but if the new cpu's come out in a few months then i will kick my own a$$...so i guess that is what i am waiting for in the end that is...but idk
Ummm why would you be kicking yourself? Just sell the old one. Thats what Im doing

Back