• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI to launch R481 soon, X850 to go AGP....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
there is already a thread about this.anyway eventually i will be getting the X850XTpe it is just a matter of when.i doubt i will be able to afford it in may so waiting till christmas(again!)seems likely.and there is no way i can afford a whole new rig for at least 2 years so the R520 simply isnt an option.

sorry for post didnt know there was a thread on this already. I think it's great that ATI is still supporting its agp based customers. Even though agp will probably exist for another 2 years or so? While PCI-E is the future, it's hardly any better than AGP8X. At least for the time being. I for one am not upgrading my whole system just to get a new interface that has no huge performance benefits. And pci-e motherboards availibility is still slow, and with the cost of ddr2 is still pretty high. I will wait another year or so before upgrading to pci-e.

Back