• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 100 Borg Gauntlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Hey all. In light of the recent tresspassing from other teams and the ramping up the [H]orde has done, I feel it's time for a 100 borg gauntlet.

Here's the deal, go out and borg as many cpu's (not instances, just cpu count) and then keep track here. Do not put down borg's you are going to complete "when my Uncle's friend Jerry's daughter gets back from Boise so I can talk to her hair-dressers dad and put FAH on his wifes rig after I mow her lawn." Only put down Newly Completed Borgs.

When you get a borg, subtract it from the number and post. Let's try and add 100 rigs in less than a week. Now get out there and find some lovin' for Team 32!!!

Countdown:

I have one coming, but I'm waiting for...... :D

I just borged a 3Ghz P4 (Dell) that will be making it's way to China. My first Chinese borg! w00000r!

Wedo said:
Do not put down borg's you are going to complete "when my Uncle's friend Jerry's daughter gets back from Boise so I can talk to her hair-dressers dad and put FAH on his wifes rig after I mow her lawn." Only put down Newly Completed Borgs.

Countdown:

I have one coming, but I'm waiting for...... :D

thats my borg. back off bigman :D

2P4's and 1 833P3

TOTAL 3 + 1 from NIK

Countdown:

96 LEFT

Just installed on a neighbors AMD duron 1.3 after i fixed up for PC.

Countdown:
94 left

Just built and borged an A64 3200+ winnie. Got a p1475 right off the bat. 13:21/frame 393 ppd.

93 left

I just installed on my mother-in-laws computer, a p4 1.8, but its dial-up so it will be erratic at best. I am trying to talk her into DSL-lite, at least then she could surf at a reasonable speed. And turn in WU when they are finished!

So, let's see

thats 92-1=91!

Schweet! That's 10 confirmed borgs in less than two days. C'mon guys, grab your pen drive and throw some smacketh!

Maybe I should give out a prize or something... Some kind of random "name in a hat" for everyone who tosses in a new borg.

I'll try to make real 1-click installer that would just need giving name of user (perhaps installation path), with settings and proper number of FAH instances set auto depending on computer...
Am I just wasting my time?

And does it count that I convinced a friend for adding 2 computers, that don't fold for me, but still team 32?

Just repaired CPU #2 on my duallie, which was not being detected as MP and consequently was not being enabled by the bios. Not quite a borg, but its a CPU added to the team which has not been folding for more than 7 weeks.

Athlon MP @ 2175 doing big packets

ONE said:
think you missed a few it should be 86 shouldn't it?

yeah, oops I was on my way out and hurrying so I just say 90 was the last thing in red so I just put 89, more is better though :)

Back