• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

General quarters. General quarters. All hands man battle stations! Full speed ahead!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll be in the Navy soon, you can bet your money I will build the baddest overclocked computer you will ever see. Wa ha ha :shrug:

Steveo989 said:
I'll be in the Navy soon, you can bet your money I will build the baddest overclocked computer you will ever see. Wa ha ha :shrug:

as long as it is the baddest folder ever....

do something like a quad or Oct xeon setup.... 8-16 F@H Sessions!!!!

WOOT!~~~~~

Actually, when dual cores come out...

Quad AMD Opteron Dual Core System

2x4 physical cores=8 physical cores!

Then, imagine that...in 64 bit.

Replacing a Dual PIII 933 with a Dual Xeon @ 2.0 and another Dual PIII with a P43200

cw823 said:
Replacing a Dual PIII 933 with a Dual Xeon @ 2.0 and another Dual PIII with a P43200

So that's why you've been pulling away from me. :bang head LOL

I'll have another dual 1.7 XEON and a 3.4ish P4 added in a week or 2. Should double my ppd.

C'mon guys !!!

We CAN do this !!!

foldon.gif

damarble said:
So that's why you've been pulling away from me. :bang head LOL

I'll have another dual 1.7 XEON and a 3.4ish P4 added in a week or 2. Should double my ppd.

If you catch up to me WarriorII will give you $100.00

*may not actually be endorsed by WarriorII

cw823 said:
If you catch up to me WarriorII will give you $100.00

Thanks Warrior, that's mighty generous of you. :D ;)

It's win-win anyway, as I'd dump it right back into another rig. This folding business blows, I could've bought a 7900GTX or Opty 165 by now if I wasn't spending my upgrade money on folding rigs. :bang head :cool:

320x240.jpg

Aye Cap'n I'm giving ya all she's got! She's runnin' warp factor 8 right now but the phase change unit is down and we're havin' ta use the auxillary air cooler to keep our dual warp-core from melting!

:eek:

LMFAO!!!!! Ohhhh.... I'm rollin' here... :D Nice ihrsetrdr! :thup:

Aye Aye Captain! I'm bringing my new 144 online here soon. That should give me a nice little boost! :D ...and I just passed an 8M SPI @ 3.0GHz.
woot.gif
I think this cpu has potential. :D

After reading all that, I feel like going out and killing something :D

While I am new, and I am in a remote location with few options for borging, I will do what I can! A majority of the pc's out here are laptops.....people don't like trying to kill their lappy's..so. I am working on grabbing the Desktops.

As soon as I get back to town (10 days) I have Dual Coppermine 650's @ 9xx, Dual Coppermine 850's, and Athlons 850 and 1200(?) that I can fire up :)

I have a whole MESS of other parts and pieces that I can build some systems with. I have a P4b mobo that needs a proc so I figure I'll be hitting the classifieds after I sift through and find out what I need to make complete systems.

I'd be interested in hearing you Gurus' advise on what the most cost effective mobo/proc setup is. I have been browsing the farm pics and threads. I want to build a farm. All the afformentioned units are in boxes and pretty much ready to fold.

I'd be most interested in dual proc dual cores if there is a cost efective way to obtain them....Most for the buck. I'd like to add to the pool of "those who are chased" eventually. For now, I am gearing up to be "he who chases"...

IT'S ON

RoadWarrior said:
We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Newcastles, we shall fold on the Northwoods and Prescotts, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Venice, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the Winchesters, we shall fold on the Bartons, we shall fold on the Applebreds and Thunderbirds, we shall fold on the Coppermines; we shall never surrender!

@cW

I just re-read what you posted.

1st, I thought you said you were going to give ME $100.

then I reread it. :p

I can make a ¢ penny squeek. :D

Who gave you access codes to my vault?

I am going to "guesstimate", we need a minimum 10% increase
to get back even Keel, and more like 15-18% in reality just to make up
lost ground.

So, to actually start pulling again. 20-25% increase to make up for lost machines and some good measure to boot.

Sounds like a good time to start thinking about where that tax refund is gonna go.

foldon.gif

my tax refunds allready spent ten times over, but im pullin all my might everywhere but home.
got about 1k ppd right now, a load is gonna hit tomorrow (10 or so laptops on ~18 hours a day) but at home... lets count.

dual 1700+ athlon: offline
pentium d 820: offline
nf7-m + 2500+ mobile: offline (have an sp-97 set aside for this)
nf7-s +2500+ mobile : offline (have an sp-97 set aside for this too)
several ~ 1ghz machines : sitting in a pile, offline

im short powersupplies, of all things. and a place to run these silently. when i get some time my closet is going to become a farm, somehow.

i figure between my dually, intel pos, and those two 2500's i should be able to pull another 600ppd(easily), effective 60% more than my current average.

Back