• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have no idea, just stuffed it full of DI and acetone and let it rock out. I didn't use a thermometer since the probe is in the Evo :)

pict0098hq8.jpg

:D

Woof! :drool:

Nice insulation on the W/D tube ;)

I was gonna pick up one of those dip tubes but decided against thinking it would blow off too much nitro. Any W/D tube will do that somewhat because it's a conductor in/out of the dewar. But without one you invariably end up spilling some nitro so it's kind of a toss up I guess...with the W/D device winning for ease of use.

In fact this just gave me an idea, a non-conductive dip tube.

There you go :beer:

I think the only reason people use diffusers is to restrict the flow for saftey reasons. 22 PSI could shoot a stream a long ways if it we're just an open pipe end.

Heres a couple pics of the frost and ice made by my new chiller :p
Regular 'ol frosty evap:
chiller11.jpg

Frosty uninsulated unloaded water tank:
chiller6.jpg

And the result of using too little antifreeze:
chiller9.jpg

Hehe... I didn't think it would get that cold and only had about 1/8 antifreeze in there.

Nah, I just need 50\50 antifreeze, heck I bet it won't turn even water into ice when I'm putting the load of a processor on it. I'm also using mixed metals to antifreeze seems to be the best option as where alcohol is very flammable, smells a bit and is bad for plastics.

Back