• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus graphic cards on Abit motherboards = BAD ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snubben

I've heard that if you use an Asus AGP graphic card in an Abit motherboard you can get compability problems, creating bluescreens, hangups and other graphic problems.
Is that true or is it just a BIOS/drivers issue ?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm thinking of buying an Abit TH7II-RAID motherboard with a P4/478 1.7GHz and put an Asus V8200 in that.

Should I start looking for another graphic card ?
If so, what's the best card if you want high speed gaming, good overclocking capabilities and a stable system overall ?

//Snubben

I can't think of any reason there would be hardware conflicts. Video cards use a "reference design" from the chipset makers. I suspect a few of those conflicts you've heard about was with motherboards that have on-board video built in. In those situations, you must disable the on-board video in the BIOS first. Using the "official" drivers at first rather than beta drivers should solve any other potential driver conficts.

i have an iwill slotkit in an abit motherboard. hehe. nahh man its not gonna matter. asus probably makes the geforce 3 cards better than some other manufacturers.

Back