• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Neo2 bottlenecking my OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yoshpop

I have the 3000+ venice LBBLE 0517 stepping chip which is one of the best weeks for OC'ing. However instead of getting the 2.7-2.8GHz I anticipated, I can only get 2.52 stable at 1.5v. Anything higher fails prime95 within 30-60 minutes no matter what voltage. I can't even get it to post 9x300 at any voltage (highest is 10% over cpu vid). I refuse to believe my chip is maxed out and I'm also considering the new DFI nforce3 ultra board to see how my chip fairs. My BIOS is 1.8 and I'm debating on flashing the 1.9b8 bios and seeing if that changes anything. Also my neo2 is a refurbished board from newegg. Any suggestions to why I can't get any higher?

try another stability tester like f@h or super pi 32 meg, some 939 chips jsut dont like prime95. Mine will fail it sometimes at barely stock speeds.

I've done superPI to..at 290x9 it takes 1.62v to do it. I'm beginning to think it's for sure the mobo because when I first got it the primary ide channel would not work until I flashed the bios to 1.8. Also when I turn my psu on I have to reconnect my usb mouse and ps2 keyboard in order for them to work. I noticed too that my 6800nu will only OC to ~335/720 unlike before on my xp2500+/asus A7N8X-E when it could do 350/800.

Last edited:
I have that same USB problem with mine too. This board sure does have its share of problems. I got mine from new egg referb also and im not happy with it at all.

Im having same issues ive tried everything can think of and my venice 3800+ wont boot into windows past 245 no matter what the multi is. i thought i would be able to get 260 at least.

Is is the Neo 2 or is it 3800+'s wall

One more thing

If you are booting off the SATA drives use port 3, or 4...1, and 2 aren't locked on nForce 3 chipset, and cause major boot issues. Maybe someday MSI will actually release the new BIOS, but I'm not very optimistic judging from their track record.

Yoshpop said:
Yea I'm extremely close to trying out the new dfi board

They are recalling the new dfi nforce3 agp board as a transistor need to be replaced as it is seriously undervolting on vcore.

orionzbelt1 said:
They are recalling the new dfi nforce3 agp board as a transistor need to be replaced as it is seriously undervolting on vcore.

Actually, it's an SMD resistor not transistor. The DFI has the same USB problem when you start overclocking it. I'm frequently replugging my USB mouse to get it to work since I got the DFI to run quasi-stable at 300 HTT.

As for the Neo2, it's not a bottleneck by a long shot. Before switching to the DFI, I had mine up to 10x300 @ 1.62V X3 5:6 Memory 250 Mhz 2-3-3-6-1T @ 2.95V. Ran Prime95 torture for 24 hours solid.
p95_24.jpg

Hoot

Drec said:
thats a sweet OC Hoot, thats on water?

Yes, High-End water.

Yoshpop said:
Hoot do you think my LBBLE 0517 venice just can't do 9x300?

Yes, it possibly is not a good oc'er, or you need to play some more with the bios settings. It's like trying to level a table with one short leg. Lots of "cut-and-try".

Hoot

Back