• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Case To Buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarKtuX

Registered
I'm thinking about getting the Lian Li V1100 (black) case.

Can you recommend anything better?

Better for what?

Although both the Lian-li V-series and the new Antec p-180 are very tempting, I'm not sure I like the highly compartmentalized layouts.
Options for layout, especially if watercooling is planned, seem restricted by the box-in-a-box designs.

The CM Stacker still seems like the biggest bang for the buck, followed by the Silverstone TJ-06 for sheer good looks.

clocker2 said:
Better for what?

Although both the Lian-li V-series and the new Antec p-180 are very tempting, I'm not sure I like the highly compartmentalized layouts.
Options for layout, especially if watercooling is planned, seem restricted by the box-in-a-box designs.

The CM Stacker still seems like the biggest bang for the buck, followed by the Silverstone TJ-06 for sheer good looks.

Sorry, I meant better for overclocking/performance. Good modding potential is important to me too, which is why I'm looking at the V1100.

(I'm liking the look of the Silverstone TJ-06 and 03 black)

DarKtuX said:
Wow. Is it available in the UK yet?
nope. I'm waiting for them to come out... Never did hear back from silverstone about he release date.

I've head the lian li v series has rather poor hard drive cooling.

Vulcan said:
nope. I'm waiting for them to come out... Never did hear back from silverstone about he release date.

I've head the lian li v series has rather poor hard drive cooling.

hard drives is decent. Drive bays are pretty poor though.

Im going to get the V1200 hopfully monday!!!!!!! :D Im pumped... O CRAP!!!! I DIDNT ORDER FANS!#^#&**@* :bang head NOOOOOOO@$%&$*

Of the 2 CM cases i would choose the Praetorian, seems sturdy for a mid/full case. The stacker is still their no 1 case. The SSTJ-07 should be available 12months after the 06 seems like their standard time. Thats only my own calculation its not even close to 50% accurate. :D
If i had a saying in the matter, i would suggest you head over to Pc Planet in germany
http://www.pc-planet.de/liste.php3?search=0221 <-- My favorite case so far
^site is in german, and the shipping is 20 euro around europe +5 euro for extra package (if one wants the sidewindow :D)^
But it could be to big for some, i like it, doesn't mean you like it nee..
As always, everything is in the eye of the beholder.

Ja ne
Christian

Still torn.

However, found some more cases that seem good:
- Lian Li V1100
- Antec P-160
- Antec P-180
- Antec Titan
- VG Viper (probably sucks, but damn does it look sweet)
- Thermaltake Shark

DarKtuX said:
Still torn.

However, found some more cases that seem good:
- Lian Li V1100
- Antec P-160
- Antec P-180
- Antec Titan
- VG Viper (probably sucks, but damn does it look sweet)
- Thermaltake Shark

V1100 :attn:

Ahoy matey! Me rig be housed in a Silverstone tj-03 and I be inclined ta say it's better'n a glass o' grog! How so? Well, tis pretty is all. The cooling fine methinks but I ain't certain on wot a good ambient temperature be, specially when me ship be sailin' the tropics. Sometimes me cabin gets right stuffy.

Captain Hook

Back