• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 > X800GT yes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, I'd say an X800 is better than an X800GT because it has 50% more pipes, even though it is going slower, the X800GT isn't going to go 50% faster than the X800 so it doesn't even out. Also, looking at the prices, an X800GT is cheaper than the cheapest X800 I could find.

Last edited:
the extra pipes will help in higher resolutions/eye candy modes turned on. x800gt is just a faster version of 9800.

u can't just say it's a faster version than the 9800, I bet it has temp sensing, newer shaders, and it has a special core even built for it...

jcw122 said:
u can't just say it's a faster version than the 9800, I bet it has temp sensing, newer shaders, and it has a special core even built for it...

It is a X850XT with half of the pixel pipelines disabled as well as lower rated memory.

I think the word is Powercolor will have a Bios unlockable version of the X800GT but I take it will be a premium price, although you'd get 2.0NS ram instead of 1.6NS

The Current X800GT's use R480(Assuming its the right core) with dead SKU's and the dead pipes laser cut.

i see.
i guess i'll get the x800 instead then. lol.
(btw, yes, all powercolor x800gt are R480 cored. it had been confirmed.)

umm wait this has nothing to do with the thread but my understanding was this.... with the < going that way doesnt it mean that (this over here is greater)<(then this one because the other one is eating this one up)?

cooper15 said:
umm wait this has nothing to do with the thread but my understanding was this.... with the < going that way doesnt it mean that (this over here is greater)<(then this one because the other one is eating this one up)?

no, the bigger one is always the one that is being eaten

Just imagine that you have two cookies, one larger than the other, and you have to choose to only eat one. You will choose the larger one. It works the same way with math. :p

btw, on ATI's website, there is a "clearance sale" for X800Pro.
Enter "1010" for the promo code and get $8.95 off.
I just ordered one.
The total is $184.56.

Back