• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem aftere formatting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shhhpark

i formatted my dell 700m and after everything is done it shows that my usb controller drivers cant be found and i cant seem to find them on the dell driver website. anyone know where i can get them?

run windows update and download the service pack, If you have service pack installed already, uninstall and install usb

I don't think dell has those drivers... I guess they assume that you are going to use the OS that they preinstalled on your laptop. you can try a driver reset utility which may or may not help you Also you might try installing service pack 2 and see if they can be found through windows update if you haven't allready done so...

for the driver reset utility go to...

www.support.dell.com

Then click Home and home office from the list in the middle-left of the page.

Then click Drivers and Downloads Which is located on the right under a box labeled product support

then from the drop down boxes... enter in Inspiron for the product and enter 700m for the model #

then click the white arrow located in the blue circle button

then it will ask for language and os.. select those and click find downloads

then click applications and then click dell driver reset tool.

I personally think you should get service pack 2 if you haven't allready done so. My old desktop system usb ports only ran at usb 1.1 until I installed SP2 and then they magically worked at 2.0... Your situation is a little different but hopefully it might just work.

edit* darn you beat me to it.

ok just downloaded service pack 2 and everything is all good now thanks for the quick input guys

Back