• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

List of Chips on Recommended Modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lil Big Mec said:
So all the DDR2 modules listed in Cyan are D9 "fatbody" IC's? If so, that's a lot more than I though!

Yep ;)

But I didn't list all the different version of D9, just all D9's in general.

If you are interested in a specific set feel free to post and we should be able to trace down exact revision.

Hey there thanks for the great work, i have a request, im on a budget. Do any of the PQI branded rams have D9's in them? Specifically this model to be exact: PQI26400-1GSB

I found a pair of Corsair XMS3200XLPT with a bit diff. code, which is
XMS3208v1.2-0517114, is this using Samsung TCCD chipset as well?

Here's the picture of the Corsair Ram:
SSL20009.jpg

Compare to Twinmos PC3200 CL2.5 (not sure 'bout the chipset, please look at the picture below), which one has better OCbility??

Here's the picture of the Twinmos Ram:
SSL20012.jpg

Is the Twinmos 2GB kit?

Cause they look like Infenion BE-5's.

And yes Corsair RAM that you have is using TCCD's if not TCC5's. Both are great OC'ers.

RedDragonXXX said:
Is the Twinmos 2GB kit?

Cause they look like Infenion BE-5's.

And yes Corsair RAM that you have is using TCCD's if not TCC5's. Both are great OC'ers.

Thanks alot for your information.. The Twinmos is just 2x512MB kit.. not 2GB..

I'm using AMD64 setup, i bet the Corsair will be better for me, rite?

Quick Question

Does anyone know if the OCZ OCZ2N1066SR2GK 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI™-Ready Edition Dual Channel Memory uses the D9's... chip?

Hey Dragon, I'm thinking of replacing my excellent HyperX for a 2GB kit, I'm not even sure of the OC but it's been cruising flawlessly/always on for 4 yrs. now:clap: I recall a fsb of 1050 or so prime stable. My board runs ddr400(pc3200) How about a couple "very good recommendations" I don't have to push the envelope but do prefer overkill instead of lacking ability:beer: Thanks maan!
p.s. Geez, it seems this memory is almost the same price it was 4 yrs.ago? It seems like Kinston, OCZ and Ballistic are about my only choices too..... would it be safe and beneficial to use something faster than PC3200?

Last edited:
hipster said:
Hey Dragon, I'm thinking of replacing my excellent HyperX for a 2GB kit, I'm not even sure of the OC but it's been cruising flawlessly/always on for 4 yrs. now:clap: I recall a fsb of 1050 or so prime stable. My board runs ddr400(pc3200) How about a couple "very good recommendations" I don't have to push the envelope but do prefer overkill instead of lacking ability:beer: Thanks maan!
p.s. Geez, it seems this memory is almost the same price it was 4 yrs.ago? It seems like Kinston, OCZ and Ballistic are about my only choices too..... would it be safe and beneficial to use something faster than PC3200?

It's very hard to find a decent 2GB kit these days since most of them have stoped the production.

Best thing I can suggest is that you look for Samsungs UCCC's. The way you can spot these is usually looking at the timings. Most of them (if not all) will be PC4000 with 3-4-4 timings at 2.8Vdimm.

There are still some good batches of Micron 5 BD's circling around and if you can get your hands on some, then DO IT! Latest batches from Crucial are not as good as earlier ones, but they can get the job done. Also TeamGroup used Micron on some of their stuff, but they have been discontinued. However if you can find some on ebay or classifieds, buy them. They are usually PC4000 with 3-3-3-8 timings and around 2.8Vdimm.

Then there is Infenion which is most of the stuff that you will find on the market today. They are mediocre and only thing that I can suggest with that is that you go for the highest speed (PC4000 if possible) with lowest timings.

My suggestion would be that you search Ebay or classifieds and if you can't find any UCCC's or Microns, then settle for Infenion.

Good Luck :thup:

Dragon, what do you think of these?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227210
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227084
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227219
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146970
I'm think #1 & #2 are cas 2 :) or #3 which is "Gold" pc4000! Your input would be appreciated ;) Again though, I'm just toying the idea of increasing ram for faster/better operations while still maintaining an OC'ed stable machine. Thanks:beer:

Back