• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Retired Sticky]List of chips on recommended modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How much would 2 Mushkin 990989 sticks be worth today?

I can't find much info on them as they are discontinued. theuy have been owned by me and never overclocked either. I won some Crucial memory and I am thinking of selling them.

if you can't help me can you point me towards somewhere that can.

Please also don't beat me up for posting this...

thanks

Rod

Just took the heatspreader off a stick of HyperX PC2700 that I've had for a while. Surprised the hell outta me when I saw CH-5. Might want to look into adding CH-5 to the list of possibilities. Its week 30 of 03. Gotta get my hands on a booster now and see what it can do.

Corsair cmx512-3200c2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can any one tell me if I am going to have a problim if I add another 2x512 Corsair cmx512-3200C2 that would be a total 4x512 all same type, On the Asus site on the rec memory area it says ''no can do'' But I dont think that area has been updated in a long time Any one useing 4 sticks same type please help

Model : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+.
AT 2.000 mHz.

Main board ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE.
System BIOS : Revision 1006 Final .is Up to date
Total Memory : 2x512 Corsair C2 DDR-SDRAM 3.3.3.8 .
Model & manufacturer of video card are
XFX: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT,
ForceWare VER 71.84
Gpu core 500 mhz.
Gpu Mem 1.00 Ghz
Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home (Win32 x86) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Barshow said:
Corsair cmx512-3200c2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can any one tell me if I am going to have a problim if I add another 2x512 Corsair cmx512-3200C2 that would be a total 4x512 all same type, On the Asus site on the rec memory area it says ''no can do'' But I dont think that area has been updated in a long time Any one useing 4 sticks same type please help

Model : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+.
AT 2.000 mHz.

Main board ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE.
System BIOS : Revision 1006 Final .is Up to date
Total Memory : 2x512 Corsair C2 DDR-SDRAM 3.3.3.8 .
Model & manufacturer of video card are
XFX: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT,
ForceWare VER 71.84
Gpu core 500 mhz.
Gpu Mem 1.00 Ghz
Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home (Win32 x86) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)
Probably won't overclock quite as good, but should run just fine:)

I thought they stopped making BH-5 chips a long time ago...I have some Kingston HyperX PC 3500 that I got a long time ago (2 years)...I think it says 2.5v on the sticker. I didn't want to pull the heatspreader off and make it ugly just to check if it was BH-5...any other ways of telling? I don't believe I ever got it to run at 6-2-2-2 settings even at just 400mhz, but I never gave it the kind of voltage BH-5 chips are known to thirst for.

Edit: checked OP...it's CH-5, which isn't all bad, since I guess it can do what BH-5 can do with the same voltage. I just don't have a mobo that can do that.

Last edited:
it also needs to be updated with the mushkin redline modules.

Back