• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My X850XT PCI-E needs help. It SUCKS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bobmanfoo said:
nonono, not my stock clocks, but my card with stock cooling and voltage

Oh..well then i hate you so much, damit! :D I want good clocks. My overclocking doesn't even make a friggin difference on my card. itgives me like 200 points in 3d mark 03

Then maybe your card isn't really overclocking. My soon to be implemented VModded X850XT made very nice gains in 03 & 05.

anyhow, it's safe to use AS5 right guys? as long as it doesn't spread/touch other places? (near by components)

I checked the card today, seems like the beefy HS is making good contact with the GPU. I then applied AS5. Going to test out later today to see if it helps. I think that this have very good HS, may be better than the Silencer.

nkcd said:
This is a bone stock Sapphire X850XT PCI-E card sitting in my P180. I can't get the core to go over 533mhz or else it'll have artifacts and hangs my system during 3DMark03. Mem, I can go all the way to 621mhz without any problem.

What can I do beside cooling? I mean, even stock, I should get better result than that right?

Thanks guys.

Either you have one of the worst XTs ever - or there is another culprit.
I have a feeling that the PSU might be the problem. I have experienced similar probs before, where an underpowered PSU caused clocks to go down the toilet.

Was the card new or used?

mikeguava said:
Either you have one of the worst XTs ever - or there is another culprit.
I have a feeling that the PSU might be the problem. I have experienced similar probs before, where an underpowered PSU caused clocks to go down the toilet.

Was the card new or used?

The card is brand new from Zipzoomfly. My PSU is what in my sig. I monitored the rails, they're stable. I'm betting it's the card that's weak. After AS5 and reseating, I was able to bring it up to 540 core without artifacts but didn't run the benchmark yet.

I'm starting to think it's the card that's sux.

This is the 3Dmark05 benching at XTPE clocks with my red system at Stock, all air, no OC no nothing, just the card. So freaking low :(

6180xtpe5mq.jpg

Thats not really low at all. My card does 6168 at XT speeds 520/540 which is not all that much slower than PE speeds.

nkcd said:
This is the 3Dmark05 benching at XTPE clocks with my red system at Stock, all air, no OC no nothing, just the card. So freaking low :(
Did you try benching with higher clocks yet? Not too bad at all!
Did you set the driver to max performance etc. to get the most out of it? I am sure you have plenty of headroom left for higher scores

What are the settings for the test and are they the same as another score you are comparing against? Drivers and making sure you uninstall/install them properly cause a large variation in the score as well as the version of 3D mark you are using. I would expect a score of 12000 or so with that card, IMO......I had one myself.

Free_Loader said:
What are the settings for the test and are they the same as another score you are comparing against? Drivers and making sure you uninstall/install them properly cause a large variation in the score as well as the version of 3D mark you are using. I would expect a score of 12000 or so with that card, IMO......I had one myself.

This is 3DMark05. I'm complaining about its capability to OC. I don't know what's holding back this card or it's actually is the core itself.

Btw, I let ATL Tray Tool scan for artifacts and it starts showing 1 artifact at 535 core but didn't at 540?

nkcd said:
This is 3DMark05. I'm complaining about its capability to OC. I don't know what's holding back this card or it's actually is the core itself.

Btw, I let ATL Tray Tool scan for artifacts and it starts showing 1 artifact at 535 core but didn't at 540?

Well the only way to find out your max OCs is to increase the clocks in each benchmark until you hit the max - where the cards locks up...
NO artifact scanner works for ATIn cards, only for VERY rough estimates. ATItool can tell you artifacts @ 533MHZ, while in reality you can bench 05 @ 580.
It's the only way to find your true max clocks

thanks guys, I'll try it toturing it again tonight. Max score I got was 6648 or something at 800x600 res.

Back