• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What may cause my X800Pro to have problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nkcd

This is a stock card, non vivo, laser cut, stoch HS, FANS are 100% duty. I'm testing this card on my sub system, so not that great of a system (not by Blue rig since I haven't receive the case to assemble them yet). I know that the PSU on this sub system is a weaksauce (2.66ghz-533fsb-17Amp/12v)

Max @ 520+ Core - using finding max core from ATI Tray Tool, stock ram, my screen changed resolution to a weird one, froze for couple seconds and the monitor went dead.

Would the weak PSU cause my card to reacts like that or I'm just getting more unlucky and got a bad refurb card from ATI?

I've heard people getting good clocks on this card with stock cooling (applied ceramique on the core + stock HS. My temp didn't even went past 50C before this happening. Would this be my PSU or the card is bad?

Thanks guys.

Was it just the monitor that died, or was it the whole system? From what I've seen, if it's the PSU, you can get random reboots. It's possible that it could be the card. Is it still working? Have you tried lowering the clock speeds back down to see if it would run stable?

Knight3539 said:
Was it just the monitor that died, or was it the whole system? From what I've seen, if it's the PSU, you can get random reboots. It's possible that it could be the card. Is it still working? Have you tried lowering the clock speeds back down to see if it would run stable?

Not the whole system died. It' just that the monitor went blank. Upon reboot to stock clock, the system is now stable. HOpefully I can assemble the Blue system and see how much it's good for :)

nkcd said:
Not the whole system died. It' just that the monitor went blank. Upon reboot to stock clock, the system is now stable. HOpefully I can assemble the Blue system and see how much it's good for :)

All I can think is that the clocks were too high for the voltages that the core is running. I know that the stock clocks are 450/475, so to get higher voltages, you may have to do some kind of volt mod to get your clocks higher. I've got an X800 Pro Vivo that I modded to an XT PE, but without the volt mods, I could never run stable at XT PE speeds. That may be something you want to look into.

it might be. Also, Phil (senstenial03) told me that for AGP cards, the x800pro are at at lost (~540 max) compare to its PCI-E counterpart where they can go to 600 for the core?

Back