• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

920 @ 4.2ghz stock volts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How did it go from 1.48Vc @ 4.5GHz to 1.51Vc @ 4.8 even for just a screenie?? That thing must have some room left in it that a brave person would find. 1.55V = 5.0GHz screenie? You'll be up to 1.55Vc by the end of the night...might as well get it over with now while we're all awake :)

Whoa Sneaky...where did you order it from? I haven't seen them available anywhere yet. Let us know when that beast gets there!

Yeah, mike's got a good proc...seems to work particularly well in that 975X board.

heh.. i dont think ill be pushin 1.55v in the bios
i mean if it frys HEH ill be ****ed, the risk isnt worth the screeni :p
but i did get this
4550pi32mb0qz.jpg

whats interesting is that i was talkin to a bro who has a amd that got 26sec on the 1mb superpi and then 26m 6sec on the 32mb so while this is 2sec slower in the 1mb its faster in the 32..wierd lol

The Preslers are doing pretty well for 2 cores on SPi. Core speed and to a lesser extent mem and FSB and are the biggest factors. Free up as many resources as you can by closing all those open processes you aren't using. Then run a SPi 1M. When that finishes, run it again...it will be slightly faster the 2nd time, I promise ;)

Your Presler is doing nicely and giving everyone hope :D

Thats a rediculous overclock. Ludicous. I'd go so far as to say farcicle even!

Seriously, thats extremely impressive. I like this 65nm process! How do games feel? Or are you still going through benchmarks?

Better yet, get an I-RAM :) I actually tried a ram drive and it didn't do anything for me.

Yeah, every lit bit helps and there's plenty of tweaks around for running Pi's:

- Get rid of that desktop wallpaper and all the little "look" tweaks (set looks "for best performance")
- Kill all the stupid automatic services you don't need at the moment like Windows Update and Themes ;)
- Shut off the pagefile
- Kill explorer.exe before you run SPi
- Set SPi to realtime or high priority in taskmanager (didn't do anything for me either)

There's plenty more, check the Benchmark/Pi section or google. These are only if you are really looking to gain a couple of tenths, but if you do them all, they can add up.

Your best bet for SPi is still a fast proc with high FSB and fast mem with tight timings. I am still blown away at crotale 19s pull on a Presler. 6.6GHz on LN2 or not, that's a rocking score for a 2 core.

Roofles said:
Thats a rediculous overclock. Ludicous. I'd go so far as to say farcicle even!

Seriously, thats extremely impressive. I like this 65nm process! How do games feel? Or are you still going through benchmarks?
i have two instances of folding going using 100% of both cpu's and i installed and played CSS while they were running np :)

Last edited:
Yeah, but did you run 2 instances of P95 for 12+ hours? If not, it's not stable. [/me ducks] LOLOLOL :D

d94 said:
i have two instances of folding going using 100% of both cpu's and i installed and played CSS while they were running np :)

:cool: when did you start them?

Assuming you started 2 QMD's folding they will probably complete in something over 25 hrs. My 830 at 4 ghz takes 26.5 hours folding 2 qmds.

You can see what they are running by looking in the fahlog.txt file in one of the FAH folders. Log will have this in it:

[08:25:23] *------------------------------*
[08:25:23] Folding@Home QMD Core

If you can PM me or post a portion of the log (about 10 steps worth) i can calculate your points per day. (my 830 is currently doing about 815 ppd according to EMIII).

Last edited:
pscout said:
:cool: when did you start them?

Assuming you started 2 QMD's folding they will probably complete in something over 25 hrs. My 830 at 4 ghz takes 26.5 hours folding 2 qmds.

You can see what they are running by looking in the fahlog.txt file in one of the FAH folders. Log will have this in it:

[08:25:23] *------------------------------*
[08:25:23] Folding@Home QMD Core

If you can PM me or post a portion of the log (about 10 steps worth) i can calculate your points per day. (my 830 is currently doing about 815 ppd according to EMIII).
ygpm :)

Back