• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Glasslicker Interactive Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well with the head pressure we are going to get from the two 665's that bend isn't an obstacle, hell I think a 90° angle would be cleared without problems, the only problem is that well.... it doesn't look very nice....
Anyway I got my new layout and I think its the best so far, it is going to be very clean.

caselayout18dy.jpg

for that design, you would have one tube going into all the water blaock and the other coming back to the rad to complete the loop right???

dlavrenz said:
for that design, you would have one tube going into all the water blaock and the other coming back to the rad to complete the loop right???
Ummm..... not for sure, he can route it like this:
rad→pump→nb→→res→cpu→vga→rad OR rad→pump I→nb→res→cpu→vga→pump II→rad.

rad→pump I→nb→res→cpu→vga→pump II→rad.

That sounds sweet... I've never thought of having the two pumps in different parts of the circuit.

For the power supply problem... you could always just get an extension cable, but it wouldn't look as good.

dlavrenz said:
That sounds sweet... I've never thought of having the two pumps in different parts of the circuit.

For the power supply problem... you could always just get an extension cable, but it wouldn't look as good.
Actually this might be a good idea, the cables should go out the back anyway so it isn't going to be visible. What do you think John?

I agree wholeheartedly on the pump placement and the ext. Beats having to cut the case up excessively.

I can just drill a hole to route the mobo power cable.

Daniel/Flip, any chance you can draw us up the latest design ? Include cyl reserve where you had it, leave PSU in top bay and put the pumps where you think they best serve the loop.

I finally got a chrome shop to stop laughing long enough to agree to take a look at the case. Im going over tomorrow to get a quote. Wont be pulling the trigger tommorow so the team still has time to select scheme.

If that doesnt work we need to solidify paint pc color scheme so lets hear those ideas.

Well this is the cleanest setup I can think of:
rightsidecase441uf.jpg

The "holes" is where the cables will be coming from, this way you got only the connector coming out so its very clean setup.
The pump array has never been setup like that so its actually a prototype setup.
If you want to rad to be turned the other way around its going to need a different array so please tell me so I can do something.

The it looks like (speaking with great ignorance) the loop is running counter clowise, is that correct ? i.e. Rad, left pumb, NV, res, cpu, vgu, right pump.

Is that correct ?

Last edited:
Works for me. It seems that two pumps operating almost evenly spaced through the loop whould be fine.

Thoughts from everyone else?

Oh and interestingly, looks like our pumps are going to be D5's. Received an email that stated that's what was in stock and they had the wrong storefront item up on site. Since it's the same Laing pump and price was right, I wasn't opposed and told them to ship em. Should be here on Monday.

glasslicker said:
Works for me. It seems that two pumps operating almost evenly spaced through the loop whould be fine.

Thoughts from everyone else?

Oh and interestingly, looks like our pumps are going to be D5's. Received an email that stated that's what was in stock and they had the wrong storefront item up on site. Since it's the same Laing pump and price was right, I wasn't opposed and told them to ship em. Should be here on Monday.
Its the exact same pump :)

I was 99% sure it was, but I have never compared them side by side so couldn't stake my life on it.

Well, off to the plating place for a quote. Should have some additional info in a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Chrome option

Short Version

No CHrome !

Long Version

Went down to plating place with case and and side panels in hand. The owner, clutching said case with hands stained permanently black from their constant contact with acids, liquids and cheimcal compounds, asked me if he was on Candid Camera ! lol

He shook his head repeatedly and explained that I surely fell down and bumped my head as no sane person would consider this project.

He walked me through the entire process of dipping, showing how the metals bond by attacking high points and bend areas. It was very interesting.

The problem is that a custom jig would have to be created for each piece of the case and chassis to achieve uniform plating. Even then, the polishing would take forever. He said that jeweling the entire case and chassis would take only slightly longer. If he had to guess, polishing would be approximately 100 hours due to all of the holes and ridges !!!!!

With that said, $4000.00 to chrome case and chasiss is a little out of my price range.

Also, he couldn't even do case top and sides to the the metal tab work.

He was very kind and told me that should I ever want to undertake the project myself, I could return to his shop and he would help me design a small nickel/chrome tank for the house. Talk about a nice guy.

While it saddens me to say, I must abandon my dream of having a gleaming case and chassis.

Maybe I can choose a more friendly case next go round and give it a shot.

So, that leaves auto body paint and powder coat.

Last edited:
There is also a powder coat process that's supposed to be dang close to chrome. Im going to meet with the powder coat guy Monday and he will show me some samples. Then we can make a final decision.

I still think you should get it professionally painted with auto paint and have them do some artwork on the case. A real fire paint job would be awsome. The cooling loop looks good to...

Back