• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What funky things do you do with your laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gt24 said:
How do run an operating system off an external hard drive?

I thought to add another silly thing which is laptop related. I have a Logitech mouse for my laptop that is wireless and suppositely has a year battery life on standby. I also have an Logitech mouse for my desktop which has a charging cradle. I am usually pretty good at keeping that one charged, however like today sometimes I forget about it and get the lovely "low battery" warning. Thus, I charge it and use my laptop mouse (thank goodness for USB). I think I am using my laptop mouse more for my desktop than my laptop... who knew that I would be doing that.

My laptop supports booting from USB devices such as USB keys and External hard drives. The hard drive im using is an external 2.5" enclosure for a laptop hard drive so it gets power and signal both from USB. Works great.

Bbp said:
The full sized child molester vans.

ROFL! I was thinking it, you said it.

I use my laptop for nothing really unusual. Just another rig to store stuff on/ surf/ go places with.

Back