• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3d monitor for gamers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd like to see a demo of it before I believe their claims. I heard of this before. Here I think. Never saw proof then and I doubt I will now.

I saw something like this at a computer show once. It was nothing more then a pair of glasses you wore to make everything pop out of the monitor but it only worked with crt's. A little to pricey for me, but this website I guess is claiming to do it with a LCD with an extremely high price? I saw the glasses for only $80 and they worked pretty well albiet nvidia card required.

The thing about these 3d monitors is that IMO they're a complete gimick, since its not true 3d... i.e. i cant move my head around and see other sides of the object, but maybe if they had positioning on the glasses that could work.

They did a review of a laptop with 3d graphics on Tech TV once. You don't need glasses because they shift the image over so one of your eyes sees part of the picture while your other eye sees the other. Together, they give the illusion of 3d. I don't know if it works because I have never seen it in real life and a video camera doesn't work with it. It is probably for real but I woulnd't excpect miracles.

Hasn't 3D stereo been supported by nVidia for ages now? Plus it gives you a nice headache?

Back in the day I bought an Asus VGA and it had those 3D glasses that you could hook up to that card via cable, Then some little proggy would mess up your screen so that you had a 3D illusion. On some stationary things it was kinda cool at first, but mostly it sucked balls and after 10 min of looking at things I thought my head would explode.

Back