• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

I got a couple quick questions:

1. Can the 7950GT be flashed to a GTX BIOS just like the 7900GTO?

2. Are most flash attempts successful with these cards?

3. I am hearing more and more about 7900GTOs with the bad Samsung RAM. Is this a good enough reason to go with a 7950GT?

Thanks in advance.

Bad idea, bad idea..... and... bad idea.

7950GT has 1 core 512mb

7950GTX has 2 Cores and 1Gig of ram.

So yeah... bad idea.

But usually it works, when you have almost same exact part, except for slight difference in clock speed.

youngbuck said:
I got a couple quick questions:

1. Can the 7950GT be flashed to a GTX BIOS just like the 7900GTO?

2. Are most flash attempts successful with these cards?

3. I am hearing more and more about 7900GTOs with the bad Samsung RAM. Is this a good enough reason to go with a 7950GT?

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure it can't be flashed, since the 7950GT has a 7900GT PCB, which is way different compared to the 7900GTX/GTO board. The 7950GT also has 1.4ns Infineon memory, and the GTX's have 1.1ns Samsung I think (newer models may have Infineon)

I have not heard about anyone ruining their card due to flashing (7900GTO's)

Well, if you can get a 7900GTO, I'd definitively take it over the 7950GT. I myself have not heard about any RAM issues with these cards, and mine has been running well for around 2 weeks @ speeds higher than those of a 7900GTX.

dan

Back