• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, I got it, and somehow, I'm not surprised...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Rage

Registered
I got Linux running on both my low end laptops, and somehow, I'm not surprised. Everyone kept telling me to use Ubuntu, or Mandriva. I tried them both, and was not pleased. The one I ended up using, was Knoppix. Almost everyone I talked to suggested I not use it, yet it is the only one that runs smoothly. I say I'm not surprised, because like just about every other piece of software or hardware I use, the one that works for me, is usually the ones that no one else likes, or it doesn't work well for them. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for any tweaks with Knoppix, or possibly any quirks that may be annoying/downright aggravating?

Knoppix is a very fine LiveCD distro. unfortunately it's useless installed on harddisk: no updates, no security fixes, nothing. You get the idea.

Back