• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi all,

I'm new here, and just lurking a bit to get a little used to the navigation and to see what seems to be popular and what interests I seem to have in common.

Not sure how many women into custom pcs are here, but now there's one more . . . .

Darlene

Welcome, glad to have you over!

There are a handful of ladies on here, I know of one at least fairly active... NeonCancerCandy.

Morning/Hi Guys.

My system isn't anything special, just use a G8 Microserver for media and Plex, then everything else at home is Apple :D

Keep getting tempted to build a gaming rig, this site will most likely push me over the edge to do it :clap:

Welcome, glad to have you over!

There are a handful of ladies on here, I know of one at least fairly active... NeonCancerCandy.

Thanks Mat, wasn't exactly easy either, lol . . . . .

Where do most folks put build logs for custom builds?

Thought I'd put my "Diva Does Threesomes, Foursomes, & Moresomes" build log over here to sort of introduce myself to the community as soon as my last Caselabs S5 is shipped . . . . That "Awaiting Fulfillment" for a couple months at a time gets a gal pretty antsy to start doing something . . . . .

Darlene

Last edited:
Welcome Darlene. Most build logs are in the Cases and Case Modding section but there are a few in the HTPC or Alternate Modding sections. Looking forward to seeing your build.

BTW, Love the avatar! :)

Hi everyone!

I'm Miquel from Spain. I've been reading this forum about thousand times along the years, and now I've decided to join the community and participate all that my poor english allow me to.

I started making overclock about 1995 or 1996, with my first computer. This was an AMD 486 DX-40, and it usually ran at 55 MHz. I remember changing jumpers until found a correct setting... Oh, about 20 years ago... that's a lot of time.

I'm currently squeezing my X58 based system, an asus sabertooth x58 motherboard with an i7 950 initially. I've replaced the micro recently, now I'm running a Xeon W3680 (3.33GHz stock) @4.4GHz stable 24/7 with air cooling. Its performance nowadays is still tremendous, so for the moment I'm not planning to change the whole system at least for a couple of years. I think that for the moment I don't need nothing better.
Therefore, I am happy to have finally taken the plunge and be part of this community.

Regards,

iLLuSiOn

Hi all,

I'm ragtag. I must admit that I haven't done much overclocking, though I've done my fair share of PC building, repairing and improving. I work with computer graphics and IT, and am personally interested in both performance and silent computing. My current home machine is an i7, with 2xGX680, that I use for CUDA rendering from time to time, that I hope to replace in the not to distant future. My daily driver is Ubuntu, though I do use Windows for gaming every now and then.

Hey everyone I am new to overclocking period. Have never attempted this before on any of my computers. My specs are:
Rosewell Blackhawk Ultra Full
Sapphire Radeon HD 7800 Series
2GB Memory GDDR5
DirectX 11
PCI-E 3.0 x16 @ x16 2.0
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Chipset: AMD RD9x0
AMD CrossFire Ready
UFEI BIOS
v2901 05/04/2016
AMD FX-8350 8-Core Processor
AM3+ Socket
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 RAM x4 (32GB)

Any info or help I can get would be very appreciated.

Also if any knows a way to get XTU to work on my system plz let me know.

Welcome Aralorevlex!

You'll want to read through this guide. It's a little older but still very applicable. If you have any questions just start a new thread in the AMD CPU section.

P.S. You're going to want to invest in a good aftermarket cooler for that FX8.

Thank you!

Thank you for the welcome! Actually I was a member about 3 years ago, but went MIA. Thank you all.:)

Back