• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello everyone,
My name is ReL0ad3r (joey) and live in northern California, I'm a disabled veteran who enjoys playing first-person shooter games for many hours a day!

I have been to these forms many times as a reader and admirer only but finally find myself needing to become a member for more personal build information from some true professionals here at overclockers forums.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.

ReL0ad3r!

Hi ALL,

First post. Name is Nate from North Carolina. I'm a hobby junkie and one of those now includes computer building. My father has worked his entire life in the computer industry and still works in IT management currently for an international company. So naturally I learned computers at an early age. I think I built my first one when I was 10 (1992). I'm also pretty sure I remember it being an Intel DX2 rated at 50Mhz lol. Other than a project or two for other people or a simple repair for myself here and there I haven't been working on computers specifically very much. I definitely have a lot to learn about the newer systems and overclocking in general. Anyways I just wanted to say hey and hope this forum is a busy one with LOTS of info and an active classified section. Feel free to drop me a line sometime!

Regards,
-Nate

Welcome to the Forums Nate. Good luck with your new endeavours. There is certainly a lot of info here to go through so take your time and digest as much as you can.

Since I'm a new member here (and actually read the rules) I do have a question though... whats the deal with the waiting period and 100 post minimum for being allowed on the classified section? I could understand not allowing people to sell, but just to purchase? Just looking to understand the reasoning.

One of the main reasons I joined this forum is to browse the items for sale. As much as I love learning about how to overclock and do stuff with my computer system, I love looking into products that I would like to purchase, even more. It would also seem to reason that classifieds alone would generate a lot of traffic on the forum that otherwise wouldn't be here. Numerous forums (like www.pbnation.com for instance) actually make money selling sales advantages and subscriptions on their forum. (They call it gold-ups and Annual Supporting Member) Basically the idea is that for a minimal price (usually $1-$5) a member can pay to bump their for sale thread to the top of that section. Annual Supporting Member is more or less like it sounds. You pay $10-$50 per year to support the forum. They give you a special display tag for it in the persons avatar and it also displays the level of commitment to the forum (it adds the number of years that person has been an ASM), which potential buyers like very much. Just some food for thought.

If a mod or anyone could PM me about the classified section rules that would be awesome. :thup:

hi all! i'm new member,my name is daniele and i'm italian.. i like this site because is very helpful :clap:

:welcome: Daniele!

Nate, my understanding of the 100 post minimum was to allow a member to establish themselves in the community and build a bit of trust with the other members. If you add in the Moderators keeping a close eye on any disputes that take place to ensure rules are followed and "fairness" is kept and you really do end up with a good system. I think you'll find that the 100 post count will come quick if you decide to be active here. Just be sure not to spam to reach that goal. That is heavily frowned on and the Mods tend to drop a heavy hammer on those poor souls LOL.

Thanks for the welcomes, replies, and PM's guys. I'm not one to "spam" threads as that tends to be a bigger waste of time than I have the patience for lol. My posts are usually detailed. Guess I will just have to roll the dice and use ebay to find a graphics card for now. Also if anyone has a link or advice for using an ATI card on an intel system I'm searching for some info on that currently as well. (I have an older Radeon HD5770 card that was given to me but very unsure I can make it work on my current system build.)

You shouldn't have any issues with the 5770. If you do just post up a thread in the AMD GPU thread. You can try using the search option but I doubt you'll get any results for an older GPU like that paired up with a modern Intel rig.

Hi Gang,

I've lurked around OC for a long time and am an active member on several other boards. I've been building custom PC's for going on about 20 years now since I was 15. I did it professionally for about 5 years and now work in the telecomm industry. I'm mostly a gamer and not really into extreme overclocking. I'm joining the forum to hopefully interact with some active water cooling enthusiasts to help me with overhauling my loop. Outside of computers I'm a huge film buff, Jeep enthusiast, travel junky, and pup dad.

Look forward to learning from everyone here!

- Skip

Hey all. New here and semi new to the custom built pc world. Have ran off the shelf laptops for years and have just now gotten into the BYO scene. Not extremely knowledgable when it comes to OC and other things techhy. My current setup is a Bitfenix Prodigy case housing a ASrock AM1B-ITX board, AMD K16 cpu, MSI Radeon R7 360 GPU, Diablotek ( i know i need to change this) PSU, Seagate 500g hd, booting from a Kinsgston 250g SSD. Fans are rear mounted Corsair fan, top mounted corsair, and a front mount bitfenix. I want to change out the CPU cooler but apparantly there isnt much made for the AM1 due to its low voltage and low temps even at OC levels. Is this correct? I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you and hanging out and eventually graduating into a heavier duty build. For now, its running my games (overwatch, csgo, and no mans sky) perfectly. Any tips on overclocking the ram and or cpu would be awesome. I am pretty confused by the Tweaker software in the bios on ASrock and what and how to change settings so i havent really messed around in there. Thanks for any advice in advance.
-Ryan

Back