• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slot 1 mobo??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainMaQer

3D God
What would be a better mobo than an asus P3B-f for a p3 750 slot 1 (coppermine). The proc runs on a 100 fsb, but I'd like to have true 133 fsb capability (agp and pci dividers). Any opinions welcome :)

I have a P3V4X kicking around here somewhere. The PCI divider is a little bit screwy. It jumps from 33 to 38, with nothing in between. Probably why I couldn't get my Cel 800 past 1066. I've heard from the others around here that the SH6 has more OC'ing potential. Wether or not you actually get it to go that high depends on a bunch of factors. But my suggestion would be to figure out which you want as fast as you can, because the slot1's are definately on their last legs, and it'll be really hard to find good slot1 MB's soon. Get em while you can.

slot 1

why are you sticking with a p3 750
order an asus s370 to slot1 adapter
it has on board voltage pins that you can set to 1.475 volts
then you can the new p3`s tualitans

Re: slot 1

littlerichie said:
why are you sticking with a p3 750
order an asus s370 to slot1 adapter
it has on board voltage pins that you can set to 1.475 volts
then you can the new p3`s tualitans

actually you cant, intel changed the whole layout of how the chip "talks" to the mobo, the only adapter that fixe this is the powerleap...which is 169$ and its comes with a Celly 1.2....but i can vouch for the P3V4X, also the SH6 is a great mobo....

Back