• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-Max Floppy wont work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UglyChild

Im building a system for a friend, its all done and OS is installed with all updates, but for some reason floppy drive is not working.

Im used to Asus BIOS, and in ABIT BIOS there is about 5 settings just for floppy A and B. Do i need to change something so the floppy works in DOS and in Win OS ?

Thanks in advance?

Not really, generally the default BIOS setting is correct for a 3.5" A drive floppy drive. The two most common problems are connecting the cable wrong or plugging the power connector in backwards. Some of the floppy drives have the #1 pin away from the power connector unlike HDD and CD/DVD drives.

Its a SIIG Combo drive with 9 in 1 reader writers. So it has USB for card readers, and has pins for the floppy ribbon. But its missing half the pins for the ribbon. so that could be the cause if it. Other wise, the card reader works, just not the floppy.

Thanks again batboy.

edit:

I used one of my floppy drive to test it, and it seems that the missing pins on the SIIG floppy drive, is the reason as to why floppy wasnt working to begin with. Other wise, the Mobo is fine.

Fast mobo too, faster then my Asus, none OC'ed .. hehe :p

Last edited:
Back