• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shooting For 4GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tserrof

See specs in sig. It's partially a new rig (had the 805 for eons) and I've got 3.6GHz @ 1.35v BIOS setting looking pretty damn stable with a little under 10 hours of Orthos. Stock volts (1.28v according to BIOS) brought me to 3.55GHz and I hit a wall that needed a jump in Vcore to get where I am now. My RAM is at a 1:1 ratio with the FSB with the voltage at auto (1.8v). I've gotten the proc stable at 3.7GHz but am unable to get the ram to run at 1:1 at those speeds (740MHz) with stability (being budget RAM I'm sure has something to do with it). I've been trying for the past while to get my RAM to run at that speed without issues but no avail. I've loosened the timings (not sure how far I should go with that), upped the Vdimm (even tried all the way to 2.1) with no luck. I'm wanting to hit 4GHz with this 805... hopefully with a 1:1 ratio? Possible? If not, what divider should I run? Heh, here are some pix.

5x3htog.jpg

five 12cm fans are going at it in this case; check out the messy wiring job :p; camera flash reveals all the dust and fingerprints and diminshes illumination of LEDs.

66ylt28.jpg

pic of the whole system; again, it looks better in RL ;)

6akfe4k.jpg

Big 200mm bad boy is running at max RPM

So to sum it up, I'm trying for 4GHz with the best RAM config that my budget RAM allows. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited:
Have you tried setting it to unlinked mode for the ram and running the ram at stock/spd timings/voltage? Beyond that, upping the vcore a little more, temps permitting.

Back