• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6700 Overclock, need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treatmentx

So I followed some guides and constructed a quick and dirty graph of voltage vs GHZ

Overclock.jpg
(Y axis is Speed in GHZ, X axis is voltage. Blue dots are actual measurements, black line is trendline log)

According to the guides, I was expecting a log graph with a very prominent cutoff of voltage vs ghz, but this seems like a linear graph and the darn thing keeps rising. Does this mean I haven't hit the limit yet? Temps are ok, even at 3.66GHZ, i'm at 62C/62C on Speedfan. It's just the high voltages are telling me that I should probably stop soon.

Opinions? Advice?

Yes, once you start reaching the limit of the processor, you will have to crank the voltages way up. So to answer your question, no, you haven't hit the limit of the processor.

but isn't 62C pretty hot ?
i am at 3.6Ghz on a E6600 and mine are 38/43

See, that's why it's a little confusing to me.

I know people who run at 64/65C for daily 24/7 use... but I've pushed it before, but I think it's summer so it's hard to really push down here in LA. So I thought instead of going by heat, i'll go by when the voltage/speed curve starts to level off. and this is what I came up with ??

I'm using water. After I made this post last night, it was about 12:30am, i was running at

CPU3.66 1.5625vcore, Orthos stable, Prime95x2 stable, 42C/43C idle, 58/58C load

Which is 4C lower than what I get during the day time.

Back