• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux, anybody?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Softwebdev

Disabled
i want to install linux in my computer

and i don't know which version linux is the best

anyone here get recommendation?

i want to download FREE. thank you

MrOOBiLL said:
Mandrake 8.1 is easy to install, and I'm sure the newest version of redhat is also simple to get going. Both are free.

i went to mandrake 8.1 web site, there are a lot of links to download it

which one should i choose?

thank you

If you have a cd burner use the ISO Section, if you have no cd burner use the section above it. You will need three iso's for the iso download, not recommended to get if you have anything less than broadband as the files are 600+ megs in size apiece.

J

P.S. Moved post to Alt OS' where it goes.

SpeeDj said:
If you have a cd burner use the ISO Section, if you have no cd burner use the section above it. You will need three iso's for the iso download, not recommended to get if you have anything less than broadband as the files are 600+ megs in size apiece.

J

P.S. Moved post to Alt OS' where it goes.

thank for the info

i downloaded 3 iso files at this site

ftp://ftp1.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/mandrake/iso/

will let everybody know how everything goes

You don't really need the 3 cds. 1 is the main OS, plus extra programs. Another is extra shovelware, and the last is the source for it all.

Back