• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scratch&Dent/Refurbished...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steelle

How reliable are the dell outlet's S&C/Refurbished laptops? I'm thinking about getting a 12 inch lappy, and was looking at the XPS M1210, but wasn't sure if I could "trust" the so called certified refurbished ones... I have the hookups at HP, so I can get a brand new tx1000z for cheap, but the M1210 has better specs... anyone have any feedback?

ps. Although if you think the tx1000z can run multiple instances of wow (like 3 preferably), then I'll just go with that.
Here's the specs for the tx1000z:

Operating system - Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
Processor - AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-64 (2.2 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache )
Memory - 1GB DDR2 System Memory (Will be upgrading to 2gb)
Graphics Card - NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 6150
Hard Drive - 160GB 5400RPM (upgrading to 7200rpm)

I've seen plenty of scratch and dent/refurbished and they have been good and without issue.

I have a 1505 that was super CHEAP and its been perfect. Even a new battery, etc.

Just had a little scratch on the lid, but i scored around $150 off.

IDK how well even the m1210 could handle wow.

if the t1000z is what i am thinking of, the fake tablet model i would stay far far away from that.

my m1210 is a scratch dent, nothing wrong with it, a little scratch or 2 on the outside cover that you would get with any normal use in no time.

Like it alot, have heard people play wow with it but I dont, you would want to get the one with the nvidia 7400go

IDK how well even the m1210 could handle wow.

if the t1000z is what i am thinking of, the fake tablet model i would stay far far away from that.

I've 2-boxed WoW on my friend's m1210, with no problems whatsoever, and could easily do 1 more...

But yeah, the t1000z is the ugly-*** fake tablet, but my uncle works for HP, and wouldn't let me order the dell... so I guess I'm stuck with it. I'll let you guys know how it runs when it gets here.

We buy quite a few of these at work and put them into production. The ones that we have received were literally just minor scratches or dents. I had to look for one of the scratches and determined it was probably due to the lid being dragged off when opened - scratching some of the paint. This was on a PowerEdge 2900 with rackmount kit and was deducted over $500. Warranty still full and intact.

It's not a laptop, I know, but they still have quality S&D products.

How reliable are the dell outlet's S&C/Refurbished laptops? I'm thinking about getting a 12 inch lappy, and was looking at the XPS M1210, but wasn't sure if I could "trust" the so called certified refurbished ones... I have the hookups at HP, so I can get a brand new tx1000z for cheap, but the M1210 has better specs... anyone have any feedback?

ps. Although if you think the tx1000z can run multiple instances of wow (like 3 preferably), then I'll just go with that.
Here's the specs for the tx1000z:

Operating system - Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
Processor - AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-64 (2.2 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache )
Memory - 1GB DDR2 System Memory (Will be upgrading to 2gb)
Graphics Card - NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 6150
Hard Drive - 160GB 5400RPM (upgrading to 7200rpm)

Steelle,

Not a laptop but I bought a Dell 2007fp LCD from their "refurbished" site for $289 vs. $450. Not a thing wrong with it, nothing, it's perfect in all ways.

Back