• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon Card to hard to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, i really have no idea how much it is. you get the idea though. at sears, we were instructed to urge the customers not to use non-sears credit cards.

Yea, everytime I purchase something at sears they ask if I have a sears card and if I want to apply for one.

Yea, everytime I purchase something at sears they ask if I have a sears card and if I want to apply for one.

that's actually part of the fairness in lending act or something. we had to ask everyone by law. otherwise it looked like we were judging whether people would get approved or not. that, plus employees get $2/completed application.

Not necessarily true. When my parents got their last credit report, it was lower than it should have been. They asked why and were told that it was because they always pay their balance in full, on time. Apparently keeping some balance on a card (whether or not it is high enough to require interest payments) can raise your score as long as you don't go over limit :)

That sounds a bit odd. My parents have kept their credit clean & paid off every month since ~2002 and their credit rating only goes up. The CS rep may have been BSing your parents. What it might have been is if they had applied for any credit or the CC companies checked your parent's credit score which causes a pull on the credit score. The pull is temporary and the points you loose go back after a few months.

WOW!!
I just tried to login to check one of my cards and I wasnt able to. Called them and they said since I had not used my card in over 90 days the account was closed.

WTH???

They have no contract to keep an inactive account open. All it does is cost them money.

They have no contract to keep an inactive account open. All it does is cost them money.

DOnt you think they should at least tell you first? Doesnt cost them anything to keep it open...

Hell the only reason i stopped using that card is they kept upping the rate on it for NO reason. My credit was excellent and they still upped my rate to almost 30%...

Back