• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell E1505 upgrades

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sHape oF gReY

Hey guys,

I've had this laptop for a while now, bought it before I went to Iraq last year and its been great. But now its starting to lag behind a bit I'm thinking about doing a complete clean up. While at it, I was wondering what kind of upgrades could I do to this baby to bring it upto speed again? Like a CPU/RAM/GPU/HDD upgrade. Also how cost effective would that be, I mean would it be cheaper just to buy a new lappy? Or heck maybe some way to OC it? I did not see any options to do so in the bios and as far as GPu goes ATItool doesnt seem to recognize it.

As far as cooling goes, any way to upgrade the cooling on this baby? Like AS5 on the cpu/gpu/NB/SB?

Sorry for the 20 questions. :santa:

T5600 1.8Ghz
ATi 1400 mobile
PC2 4300 (266) 2x1GB

If you need more details let me know

open it up, undust it, remove thermal paste + clean, Reapply better thermal paste, close.

Job done.

About thermal paste...I've heard people having issues with AS5 as on some of the boards the CPU sits higher than GPU or NB or vise versa and that a pad is needed for full contact. Is that true and does it apply to Dells 1505s?

Back