• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Did you type the serial in at AMD. I didn't know that, just figured they all had 3 years regardless

I'll have to check that when I get home. From AMD's website.
AMD’s warranty on processors only extends to customers who have purchased sealed, retail-packaged Processors in a Box.
If the processor came pre-installed in the system, warranty will be provided by the system builder. System builders can range from small, local computer stores and online vendors, to large original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) such as DELL, Hewlett Packard or Gateway.
If the processor was purchased separately and was not sold in a sealed, retail-packaged box, the processor is consider to be OEM. Warranty service will be provided by the point of purchase and not AMD.

Blaylock, are you done with that extreme9? Mayhaps you could send it my way :)

I'm sure we could work out a trade. I know you've got some nice LGA 1150 ES chips there. :D

That just sucks man. Shame really, I'd still try typing it in and see. The OEMs have to send their defects to someone.

Right, still I can't be to upset. I only paid $40 for it to begin with. It's nice to know not to by the OEM version of the FX-8xxx or 9xxx.

Just got an Asus Rampage II Extreme in earlier this week.

Had some bent pins in the socket (quite a few), which I fixed.

And then there's this odd thing on the backside that looks like some traces short-circuited or caught fire or something (?) and kind of melted the backside a bit. That I haven't been able to fix.

Also, it looked like the top USB port module caught fire (or something that was plugged in caught fire). But strangely enough the top USB/PS/2 jack seems to be in perfect working order (I was using a PS/2 keyboard for setup in the BIOS).

Frankly, it was in such poor condition when I received it that I was going to be amazed if it even turned on (once I'd repaired the socket damage). To my utter shock though, it made it past POST (once I'd reconfigured the jumpers, since some were in the wrong positions, and figured out I needed the RAM in the Blue slots (channel 1) and not the White slots (channel 2)) and I am able to get into the BIOS and configure the settings.

The only problem I've discovered so far is that the bottom USB ports on the back plate don't seem to work. Other than that it seems to be stable, melting on the backside and all.

Socket before repairs:

Socket after repairs:

General board pictures:

And so the Rampage II Extreme is dead.

It died yesterday. Powered it up to test out a CPU and some RAM, it was running for maybe two minutes, then it randomly shut down and never powered back up again. Got a short somewhere, as the iROG IC was insanely hot (without the board even being powered up), it's hovering around 214°F. Now when I plug it into power I get no reaction at all, no lights come on, no fans spin, nothing.

It lasted just over a year, may it rest in peace.

So my motherboard took its final breath this morning and said, I don't like you and I'm not booting.

PART_1448203758052_1122150941.jpg

'Tis a sad tale indeed. What happened?

Not quite sure, the motherboard has been acting up for about 2 weeks ever since having it out in the cold. Ive been limping along with it trying to finish up a few comps. I was able to finish entriesfor the 2 and 4 core gigabytes target comp. This morning but then rebooted and nothing. Checked the socket and not seeing anything and neither processor will boot in it. It powers up and the debug led gives me a C0 code.

Back