• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Last online 6 hour ago, who knows maybe it's gone just thought it may be worth a shot.

They could name it the "Ultimate Killer" and I wouldn't care. I just want a board that's not going to crap out because I changed a setting in the BIOS.

I recall Mr. Scott stating that the boards were garbage. His words are ringing in my ears. I was in denial with the last RMA but my eyes are beginning to open. Needless to say I'm loosing interest in ASRock.

I wonder why their AMD 990FX boards are so terrible.

I remember their Intel Z77 boards being pretty great, many people talked about the Z77 Extreme4 and Extreme6 boards with reverence for their great performance and from what I understand their Z87 and Z97 boards are also quite good. I don't know why they would drop the ball so badly on one platform and perform so well on another.

I own a Z97 OC Formula as well and haven't had any problems(except the ones I've created). I'm not sure why the 990FX is having so many issues. I don't think ASRock is alone in this as I've read bad things from Woomack about Giga and lots of bad things about everything ASUS except the CHV line. Of course we're all shying away from MSI these days. Dunno. But I'm letting it sit for a day or two, then gonna try again. I'll call Deisy at CS on Monday after I sober up and we can hash it out then.

I recall Mr. Scott stating that the boards were garbage. His words are ringing in my ears. I was in denial with the last RMA but my eyes are beginning to open. Needless to say I'm loosing interest in ASRock.

Not garbage, just not as good as everybody thinks they are. After blowing 2 up, I lost interest in Asrock for AMD. For the FX's, it's pretty much Asus or bust............literally.

Every brand is saving on AMD. AMD boards are generally lower quality, have less BIOS updates etc than Intel. Look how bad are most Gigabyte or MSI boards.
The best overclocking FM2 board used to be ASRock Extreme6 but even that board had thin PCB and ASRock saved on some things like no recovery option for BIOS. My first board died after 2h benching.
The only 990FX board which I liked was CHV but even this board had problems with BIOS updates etc. ASUS didn't care to invest in that and people were making their own modded BIOSes based on MSI ROMs etc.

I wonder why their AMD 990FX boards are so terrible.

I remember their Intel Z77 boards being pretty great, many people talked about the Z77 Extreme4 and Extreme6 boards with reverence for their great performance and from what I understand their Z87 and Z97 boards are also quite good. I don't know why they would drop the ball so badly on one platform and perform so well on another.

I can attest to the Z77 line being good, my OC Formula is that and has let me get some nice clocks from my 3770K chip.
ASRock from what I've seen over the years has been either very good or very bad, very little in between those terms. I still tend to shy away from them even with the success I've had with what I do own thats ASRock, the Sabertooth/CHV line being best for AMD.
ATM Asus has the lead with Gigabyte being second, some of those are good but like ASRock they've had their share of problems too.

Don't even get me started on MSI..... Well at least MSI branded GPU's I've had good luck with.

Right now it looks like a big pile of POOP! May be the beer talkin hwre, but AMD has not made me happy like beer. Lol

my z97 asrock ext9 bards have been great, can't knock them one bit.
my crosshairs and saberpuss boards have all been awesome, all my chv's are still rocking and i still see two of my old saberpuss boards show up from time to time.

It's another sad day in the Blaylock Abode.

Today I put to rest my beloved FX-4130. I received from RMA a replacement Extreme9 as I thought it was bad. As it turns out the Summer CPU BBQ pt.2 was a little to much for my poor FX-4130 to handle. I tried pushing the FSB hard to get everything out of my ram and it seems it was just to much for this unfortunate soul. So it is with a heavy heart that I lay her to rest. Sleep well my sweet princess.

In tribute to her I'll post her HWBot front page as a living memory of all that she's accomplished in her short life.

FX-4130.PNG

Bummer blaylock, best to die on top of the heap anyway. Is it still within warranty?

I believe so. I need to contact AMD. That was something the ASRock Tech suggested too. I now have a direct line to them (ASRock) and will try not to abuse it. :)

EDIT: I've noticed everyone is out of stock of the FX-4130, maybe AMD will upgrade me to the FX-4350?

I believe so. I need to contact AMD. That was something the ASRock Tech suggested too. I now have a direct line to them (ASRock) and will try not to abuse it. :)

EDIT: I've noticed everyone is out of stock of the FX-4130, maybe AMD will upgrade me to the FX-4350?

Funny thing blaylock they keep a stock at HQ just for such emergencies. I had a 1090T replaced a year ago.

MEH! AMD doesn't warranty OEM CPU's and Microcenter's warranty is only 30 days on OEM/tray processors. I've had it for about 8 months so no luck.
!

Did you type the serial in at AMD. I didn't know that, just figured they all had 3 years regardless

Blaylock, are you done with that extreme9? Mayhaps you could send it my way :)

Back